Florida appeals court strikes down gay adoption ban

DeletedUser

The point I was TRYING to make was that if all guy dogs and all female chickens (all chickens are female ;)) were locked up in their own pens, what would happen? They'd all die. Why? BECAUSE THEY CANT REPRODUCE!!!!!!!!!!!! TWO CHICKENS CANT MAKE BABIES!!!

Um, obviously. That really has nothing to do with homosexuality, especially considering that gay animals don't make up enough of the total species to lead to them all deciding to stop reproducing. In humans it's less than 10%.

DeletedUser173

Homosexual animals would die out if not for the fact that HUMANS give them children to raise.

The same should be true for people. If the gays didn't get their kids from someone else, the gays would die out. Society is teaching that being gay is just a part of life, but if kids were taught that being gay was wrong and unnatural, they wouldn't they run around thinking, "Hey, I think I might be gay, maybe I should try..." or "It's okay to be gay"

Back to the adoption aspect- You truly can't argue that someone taking in a child is wrong especially when the child needs a home. It's the OTHER side that everyone overlooks- WHY DO THEY WANT TO ADOPT??? To say that you want to adopt because it's IMPOSSIBLE for you to get your own is just dumb. However, if one of the parents (in a straight marriage) is infertile, you don't say, "Oh it's impossible for us to have kids, can we have one?" you would say, "We tried and tried but were unable to have any."

DeletedUser452

Umm, I'm pretty sure I know what a woman and a man are.

How about you start to learn to READ!!!

I never said gay people are gender confused.:rolleyes:

I said that children grown up by same-sex parents might be.

DeletedUser452

Homosexual animals would die out if not for the fact that HUMANS give them children to raise.

I understand what you are trying to say. From a Darwinist perspective, if homosexuality was normal, it would completely undermine the whole selfish gene theory and evolution.

But evolution does exist. And so does the selfish gene. So it's up to you to decide if there is something wrong with being gay (ie. a psychological problem), or a normal sexual variation.

DeletedUser

What? Homosexual animals don't usually raise offspring, they just live their lives and mate with each other. Not the entire species is gay, just the individual animals that happen to be, the heterosexual ones still have babies.

The same should be true for people. *If the gays didn't get their kids from someone else, the gays would die out. *Society is teaching that being gay is just a part of life, but if kids were taught that being gay was wrong and unnatural, they wouldn't they run around thinking, "Hey, I think I might be gay, maybe I should try..." or "It's okay to be gay"

You do realize that straight people can have gay children, right? And that children don't just magically turn gay if they have gay parents? And that gay couples adopting children is a new thing, yet we've had homosexuals for the entirity of human history. We are taught that it's wrong and unnatural, why do you think there's so many gay teen suicides and people in the closet? If you think society is very accepting of us in America you're blind, gay is used nonchalantly to describe anything stupid or unwanted, but yeah, we're accepted. :|

My dad's homophobic and most of my family is Mormon; if I came out to them no one would say it's alright and a part of life, they'd probably stop talking to me, except for my dad, who would have a long talk with my mom and at least tolerate it, hopefully. *

Back to the adoption aspect- *You truly can't argue that someone taking in a child is wrong especially when the child needs a home. *It's the OTHER side that everyone overlooks- WHY DO THEY WANT TO ADOPT??? To say that you want to adopt because it's IMPOSSIBLE for you to get your own is just dumb. *However, if one of the parents (in a straight marriage) is infertile, you don't say, "Oh it's impossible for us to have kids, can we have one?" *you would say, "We tried and tried but were unable to have any."

Um, I don't think adoption centers are interested in people's amount of copulation before doming to the center. They just want to get the children a home so they don't end up screwed over for the rest of their lives.

Essentially those two sentences are the same thing; when you're infertile you can't have children without expensive medical stuff. Lesbians can have children through artificial incemination, so it's not entirely impossible for them.*

But still, if you want a child to raise you want them wether or not you are fertile or straight. The question of why someone would want to adopt is the same as why they would want to have children conventionally.

Now that I noticed... WIKIPEDIA IS NOT 100% RELIABLE FOR INFORMATION!!! this article has what, 1-2 paragraphs on the topic? *Why? *Because there is so little on the topic.

No source is 100% reliable. The Wikipedia hating is stupid, they cite their sources at the bottom of every page and have fact checkers, if I disagree with something on the page I check it with other sources.*

Of course there isn't a ton of research on the topic right now, we're just barely coming *in to time where idiotic ideals about sexuality and gender are being dissolved. I'm sure if you look around the wikipedia sources and other websites you'll find more information.

DeletedUser

How about you start to learn to READ!!!

I never said gay people are gender confused.:rolleyes:

I said that children grown up by same-sex parents might be.

Oh, I read it as people not raised by straight couples would get the wrong deffinitions of man and woman. Sorry then :s

I understand what you are trying to say. From a Darwinist perspective, if homosexuality was normal, it would completely undermine the whole selfish gene theory and evolution.

But evolution does exist. And so does the selfish gene. So it's up to you to decide if there is something wrong with being gay (ie. a psychological problem), or a normal sexual variation.

Evolution is based around mutations and their effectiveness/ineffectiveness. Maybe homosexuality is a mutation that's yet to work it's way out of the gene pool (things like male pattern baldness, color blindedness, the thing where the guy has two x chromosomes and a y, and so on), or maybe it serves some purpose we're yet to see. The y chromosome itself is probably also a mutation, all fetuses start out female, and there's also pregnancy-related stuff that causes homosexuality.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser452

Oh, I read it as people not raised by straight couples would get the wrong deffinitions of man and woman. Sorry then :s

That is what I'm saying. But you used yourself as an example, when you where raised by a straight couple, which therefor wasn't relevant, so I assumed you read wrongly.

Evolution is based around mutations and their effectiveness/ineffectiveness. Maybe homosexuality is a mutation that's yet to work it's way out of the gene pool (things like male pattern baldness, color blindedness, the thing where the guy has two x chromosomes and a y, and so on), or maybe it serves some purpose we're yet to see. The y chromosome itself is probably also a mutation, all fetuses start out female, and there's also pregnancy-related stuff that causes homosexuality.

It doesn't show that there is a purpose that we are yet to see. It shows that some hereditary problems haven't been eliminated yet through evolution, but will one day.

And a man has one x and one y chromosome, a woman has two x chromosomes. The reason why there is a y chromosome, is that there is a 50/50 chance of giving birth to a male or a female, which is useful is evolutionary terms. I've drawn out a table to show how the x y chromosome thing works.

--x--y

x xx xy
-
x xx xy

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I know, there's a disease where guys have an extra x, I couldn't remember the name so I wrote that :s

DeletedUser

It'd be strange for the child though and when he/she goes to school, that fact is if people found out in most cases that child would get bullied or harrassed. Gotta think of the childs rights, not just the gay couples rights

The child gets a choice on if they want to go with the family. It's not like buying a puppy.

More potentil adoptive parents is good.

DeletedUser

That is what I'm saying. But you used yourself as an example, when you where raised by a straight couple, which therefor wasn't relevant, so I assumed you read wrongly.

It doesn't show that there is a purpose that we are yet to see. It shows that some hereditary problems haven't been eliminated yet through evolution, but will one day.

And a man has one x and one y chromosome, a woman has two x chromosomes. The reason why there is a y chromosome, is that there is a 50/50 chance of giving birth to a male or a female, which is useful is evolutionary terms. I've drawn out a table to show how the x y chromosome thing works.

--x--y

x xx xy
-
x xx xy

It's a bit more complex then a simple 50/50 chance.

DeletedUser

It's highly unlikely that it would be in genetics, genetics has more of a determination of physical properties, however I guess like some genetic mutations it could alter how the brain develops/functions (I'm not saying it is a mutation or anything, I completely agree about the lack of equality). There have been some studies done that indicate that it may be a hormonal thing. I can't remember where I saw some of the more recent research, but I'm sure you could find them in time. This site has a pretty good summary of some past studies.

DeletedUser

The website that you're pointing to turns me off, being affiliated with religion.

DeletedUser

The article I linked you to has nothing to do with religion, and 37 referenced articles...

DeletedUser

This is the first part of a three part introduction to the evidence for belief in the God of Christianity.

This is in the first section aimed at atheists. It's not religious?

DeletedUser

I said article, obviously the site has references to religion, but the article has none.