Guide-HeavyCavalary

DeletedUser

Okey before i make my point i would like to say iv used IE's HC guide and it works perfectly if you know what your doing..

now times below are going to rounded so wont be exact.

DEFENSE

Okey so now ill do some test...

Normal nuke with level 25 barracks/20 stable/5 workshop vs HC defense (my HC defense)

7000 axes 2400 LC 400 MA 250 rams vs 5000 spears 3000 archers 2000 HC

Time to build

Nuke:

• Barracks: 350 hours
  • Stable: 300 hours
  • Wokeshop: 154 hours

Now HC Defense:

• Barracks: 500 hours
  • Stable: 400 hours

(i would normally build cats also but for the sake of this i wont)

NUKE #1
Attacker Units: 0 0 7000 0 0 2400 400 0 250 0 0 0
Losses: 0 0 7000 0 0 2400 400 0 250 0 0 0

Defender Units: 5000 0 0 3000 0 0 0 2000 0 0 0 0
Losses: 3671 0 0 2203 0 0 0 1468 0 0 0 0

Damage by rams: The wall has been damaged and downgraded from level 20 to level 12

NUKE #2
Losses: 0 0 1286 0 0 320 49 0 46 0 0 0

Defender Units: 1329 0 0 797 0 0 0 532 0 0 0 0
Losses: 1329 0 0 797 0 0 0 532 0 0 0 0

Damage by rams: The wall has been damaged and downgraded from level 12 to level 0

So this nuke takes two to clear a HC Defense Now the same nuke again your Defense...

7000 axes 2400 LC 400 MA 250 rams vs 8000 spears 8000 swords 4000 archers

Time to build

Nuke:

• Barracks: 350 hours
  • Stable: 300 hours
  • Wokeshop: 154 hours

Defense:

• Barracks: 1266 hours

NUKE #1
Losses: 0 0 7000 0 0 2400 400 0 250 0 0 0

Defender Units: 8000 8000 0 4000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Losses: 4467 4467 0 2234 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Damage by rams: The wall has been damaged and downgraded from level 20 to level 14

NUKE#2
Losses: 0 0 3590 0 0 1032 119 0 128 0 0 0

Defender Units: 3533 3533 0 1766 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Losses: 3533 3533 0 1766 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Damage by rams: The wall has been damaged and downgraded from level 14 to level 0

So now lets do a summarize. Both Defense only take two nukes to build... but one you only build with the barracks and results you end up building for over 1000 hours. The other you use barracks and stable and you only end up building for 500 hours. So in the end you will build faster and take out just slightly less (but both still take two nukes) if you go with HC Defense. Even tho in the end you have "less troops" so to say.

I wont go into great details about the HC nuke but its the same thing kills slightly less takes slightly more time to build but in the end you have Defense in your offense which will allow you to build more nukes then you normally would. Normally you would have any were from a 1:1 ratio to a 2:1 ratio nukes to defense but if you have defense in your nukes and your good at defending it allows you to build 3:1 or possibly even 4:1 nuke to defense ratio.

BUT if you dont know how to snipe or just not good at sniping yet i would advise aginst the HC nuke.

For more info on a HC nuke here is OE's guide..

Click here for link

Hope this clears you up as you clearly dont have a clue for what you were talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

<3 Scientist

I'm not the only one that realizes the build time for HC D is nearly 1/3 of the time used on the SP/SW/AR D :p

DeletedUser

<3 Scientist

I'm not the only one that realizes the build time for HC D is nearly 1/3 of the time used on the SP/SW/AR D :p

i thought i already mentioned that :eek:

anyways will walked me through it so im good ;)

DeletedUser

Maybe it doesn't work well because your archer defense isn't a good one? :rolleyes: No one knows how to make a good archer defense. :/

DeletedUser

Maybe it doesn't work well because your archer defense isn't a good one? :rolleyes: No one knows how to make a good archer defense. :/

I vary between archer def and normal def. I just switch what I support with based on who is attacking. Works well.

DeletedUser

But do you have a good archer defense? That is the question.

DeletedUser

But do you have a good archer defense? That is the question.

Considering the only archer worlds I have ever played I have got quite a long way and have never lost a village on a single one, I would say that my defence works.

You can't claim an archer defense is/isn't good as it depends entirely on the attacker. I will give you 2 cases to explain why you cannot argue that any offense/defense is a good one, as it does more upon the opposition than anything else.

Case 1: If you have a heavy archer defence (say 4k archers), and someone comes along with 800ma in a nuke, of course the archer defence sucks.
However, if you defend against same nuke with 0 archers, and pure sp/hc defence, you will do a lot better than you would otherwise.

Scene 2: If you have a heavy archer defence (say again 4k archers), and someone comes along without any ma in a nuke, you are going to do well.
If you have 0 archer defence, and come up against a regular (no ma) nuke, you will do worse than you would have done otherwise.

Now, to view the other side of the argument, just think it through with you attacking two set defences (one with 4k archers, one without) with ma in the nuke, and then again without. I can't be bothered explaining this any better as it covers the basics.

So my point is, his archer defence can work in some situations. You just have to be able to adapt, if you are defending, to the person who is attacking. And if you are attacking, you need to be able to adapt to who is defending. That is why I always have a lot of scouts available from early on in worlds. It helps work out which method to use ;)

DeletedUser

My point is you should have a basic archer defense, to block basic nukes. Am I right? That's what 10k/10k sp/sw was, it was for blocking regular nukes, even it takes forever to build.

DeletedUser

My point is you should have a basic archer defense, to block basic nukes. Am I right? That's what 10k/10k sp/sw was, it was for blocking regular nukes, even it takes forever to build.

I could destroy that with one more ordinary nuke than a def/sp defence, surely?
And I can build back all my nukes and launch at it again a good 1-2 times before you would have the defence back. So that basic defence is stupid for that reason. You are grasping at straws now, as there is no basic set build for archer world nukes.

Some people use archers, some people don't. Some people use mounted archers, some people don't. It would be very weird if you found an archer world where a large majority of players was using "X build" - for example, say 6500 axe, 2500 lc, 500 ma, 250 rams and some cats (not saying that this is the best option, this is purely an example).

DeletedUser

I could destroy that with one more ordinary nuke than a def/sp defence, surely?
And I can build back all my nukes and launch at it again a good 1-2 times before you would have the defence back. So that basic defence is stupid for that reason. You are grasping at straws now, as there is no basic set build for archer world nukes.

Some people use archers, some people don't. Some people use mounted archers, some people don't. It would be very weird if you found an archer world where a large majority of players was using "X build" - for example, say 6500 axe, 2500 lc, 500 ma, 250 rams and some cats (not saying that this is the best option, this is purely an example).

But I am finding that....

DeletedUser

On the .net archer world I am currently on, I have gone directly up against several players. Of these, a few have had 1k sp, 1k sw, 1k archer, 500 hc as a defence. One had 4k sp 2k archer 1k hc as a defence. One had 6k sp 3k sp 400 hc. Two others had proper HC/spear defence, without archers.

So your "but I am finding that..." I find particularly hard to believe. If this is the case, draw up some reports to back your argument up? I can't find mine as I don't keep reports except ones which I will use later (not ones for villages I have nobled). If you don't have reports, then you can attack a number of people with scouts, say 10 or so different people NOT all in the same tribe, and post up all of the reports of people you scouted ;)

DeletedUser

You do any Defense i can make an argument that the HC Defense is the best..

Stat wise 10k swords 10k spears is the best but considering it will take you two months or longer to build it its not really worth it.

My nornal Defense is my Archer Defense and it works VERY well specially when it comes to stacking..

5k spears 3k archers and 2k HC

I could even make it 8kspears 3k archers and 1.2k HC

And would be just as effective.

But sense your soo good at making archer Defenses why dont you provide us with your archer defense and stats to show why its so good because your l33t after all right? :confused:

DeletedUser

Even though I REALLY don't want to, I agree entirely with Scientist. Except I don't like to use his set-up in every village as I like to be able to adapt based on what the enemy generally attacks with ;)

DeletedUser

Now why would I give my build away?

The classic cop-out excuse.
If you have any argument of any worth, you would be able to back it up. As you haven't you were clearly trying to continue an argument for the sake of it.
I think this can be left at that.

I would suggest people read scientist's basic HC guide post in this thread, and ignore the rest of it.