How do you think the new quest system will affect gameplay in us5?

DeletedUser1180

I think it is a good idea to take new players by the hand and show them how its done. I know that on my first world it took me a long time to find out certain things. Especially if you play with friends and don't have experienced players showing you the way.
And that is what this new set up is ment for most of all.
Also if you play on a different kind of world than you are used to, or you didn't play for a couple of years it may show you new things: "militia? how you use that??" :confused:

Later on the quest to find all items so your tribe can win the world is a nice feature. I can imagine that instead of getting worlds that do not move forward you can activate this earlier so people keep playing instead of letting their account being internalled. :D

DeletedUser1327

I have only a thing to say for this version:

It's a version for newbies... I am farming my neighbors but now what??? They are disappeared!!!

It's a fail for me and for many other players that I know...

DeletedUser

I have only a thing to say for this version:

It's a version for newbies... I am farming my neighbors but now what??? They are disappeared!!!

It's a fail for me and for many other players that I know...

The game is now and always will be aimed at new comers.... maybe join .net if you want some competition but if you are planning to play here competitively then you might aswel give up now :)

DeletedUser

Well, i'm just here to own the noobs on this server. I'm used to the competition on the .net, and this is kinda my break from that kind of competition.

DeletedUser

IMO, I think this new world will be different, and for someone who played .net worlds 8-12 a few years back, then quitting and now coming back I like how they added this quest thing it's sure a hella lot better then churches or Paladin Weapons, but I still think the old way of winning a world is still the best, by dominating and destroying everything in your tribes path :smack:

DeletedUser

IMO, I think this new world will be different, and for someone who played .net worlds 8-12 a few years back, then quitting and now coming back I like how they added this quest thing it's sure a hella lot better then churches or Paladin Weapons, but I still think the old way of winning a world is still the best, by dominating and destroying everything in your tribes path :smack:

Yeah, i agree about the domination. However it is just stupid in some ways sometimes. There are some tribes that have been #1 for years now, and they cannot yet end the world. the players get bored with it, quit, and they don't return to TW for a while. This is a way for the world to end that won't take 4 years to do.

DeletedUser

More newbs are farming I am getting worse hauls than normal at start up unless I am just in an unlucky area but it makes sense with the quests.

DeletedUser

IMO, I think this new world will be different, and for someone who played .net worlds 8-12 a few years back, then quitting and now coming back I like how they added this new quest thing it will keep the ever shortening attention span of Americans better, it's sure a hella lot better then churches or Paladin Weapons, but I still think the old way of winning a world is still the best, by dominating and destroying everything in your tribes path and then doing a victory dance while telling those who doubted you to EAT IT --> :smack:

As, for spiking, that tactic will always be around and if noobs don't know how to spike right, it will get overly annoying at some point, who the "F" spikes a 300 P. Village...noobs that's who, but then again on the other hand this will also be a good world to train and groom potentially good players, for other worlds later on. Just my 2 cents.

b.t.w it feels so good to be back :D

DeletedUser

IMO, I think this new world will be different, and for someone who played .net worlds 8-12 a few years back, then quitting and now coming back I like how they added this new quest thing it will keep the ever shortening attention span of Americans better, it's sure a hella lot better then churches or Paladin Weapons, but I still think the old way of winning a world is still the best, by dominating and destroying everything in your tribes path and then doing a victory dance while telling those who doubted you to EAT IT --> :smack:

As, for spiking, that tactic will always be around and if noobs don't know how to spike right, it will get overly annoying at some point, who the "F" spikes a 300 P. Village...noobs that's who, but then again on the other hand this will also be a good world to train and groom potentially good players, for other worlds later on. Just my 2 cents.

b.t.w it feels so good to be back :D

Yeah, i just came back in mid-september after a 3 year break from TW. Good to have ya back. what's your in-game?

And as far as farming goes, i am now owning with farming. 2 farming runs on a single player with 900 haul and full hauls both times.

DeletedUser

Yeah, i just came back in mid-september after a 3 year break from TW. Good to have ya back. what's your in-game?

And as far as farming goes, i am now owning with farming. 2 farming runs on a single player with 900 haul and full hauls both times.

Nice, my in-game is the same as the forums, well for us w5 anyways :p

DeletedUser

You playing any others? I'm duke of the #3 tribe on W59 on the .net right now, and i think the #84 player right now in that world. I'm gonna try to win 2 worlds at once.

DeletedUser

earlme;66441I'm gonna try to win 2 worlds at once.[/QUOTE said:
I am close to achieving this now, along with some other friends from .net :cool:

DeletedUser

ah, well, now i'm baron of the #1 tribe after the merge. We're gonna own W59!

DeletedUser

You playing any others? I'm duke of the #3 tribe on W59 on the .net right now, and i think the #84 player right now in that world. I'm gonna try to win 2 worlds at once.

I only play certin settings, mostly old settings, simplified research, no archers, no churches, paldin with no weapons...I guess I'm just an ol fashion guy lol

DeletedUser

yeah, well W59 isn't too bad. It's tech-15 research, no archers, no churches, and no pali. So it's actually pretty similar, which is why i like it. I was a bit hesitant to join this world seeing as it has archers. We'll see though.

DeletedUser

yeah, well W59 isn't too bad. It's tech-15 research, no archers, no churches, and no pali. So it's actually pretty similar, which is why i like it. I was a bit hesitant to join this world seeing as it has archers. We'll see though.

I have the same feeling about archers, to me, their like the ugly red-headed step-child nobody ever wants or loves but you deal with him anyways because his mom is a 10 and your looking to score ;)

DeletedUser

I have the same feeling about archers, to me, their like the ugly red-headed step-child nobody ever wants or loves but you deal with him anyways because his mom is a 10 and your looking to score ;)

lol. That's a good description you could say.

My thing is that i hate the fact that you change arrangements because of what the other player has in their village. It's not the straightforward numbers of troops that tend to work well. Plus, archers are just expensive, leading to ineffectiveness early on as you can't make as many.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
I only play certin settings, mostly old settings, simplified research, no archers, no churches, paldin with no weapons...I guess I'm just an ol fashion guy lol

Except that simple-tech and paladins are both new school settings.

DeletedUser

Except that simple-tech and paladins are both new school settings.

I suppose, but both were implemented in the game earlier on in TW game play then anything else including churches, paladin's weapon chambers, quests, barbarian/bonus villages, so I consider them more old school then new school, but to each their own right ?

DeletedUser

It only really effects up to LC, once you've done the LC quest you start to lack rewards for quests and then the gameplay just becomes the same as every other world.