How do you think the new quest system will affect gameplay in us5?

DeletedUser

It only really effects up to LC, once you've done the LC quest you start to lack rewards for quests and then the gameplay just becomes the same as every other world.

might be a complete noob question here, but I thought that you had to do the quests in order to win the game ?

DeletedUser

the quests arent how you win the world, its just the new way of teaching the newbs how to play

DeletedUser1180

More newbs are farming I am getting worse hauls than normal at start up unless I am just in an unlucky area but it makes sense with the quests.

I am hearing the same remarks on one of the other servers. So more competition at start up for the more experienced players.

IMO, I think this new world will be different, and for someone who played .net worlds 8-12 a few years back, then quitting and now coming back I like how they added this new quest thing it will keep the ever shortening attention span of Americans better, it's sure a hella lot better then churches or Paladin Weapons, but I still think the old way of winning a world is still the best, by dominating and destroying everything in your tribes path and then doing a victory dance while telling those who doubted you to EAT IT --> :smack:

As, for spiking, that tactic will always be around and if noobs don't know how to spike right, it will get overly annoying at some point, who the "F" spikes a 300 P. Village...noobs that's who, but then again on the other hand this will also be a good world to train and groom potentially good players, for other worlds later on. Just my 2 cents.

b.t.w it feels so good to be back :D

Spiking those 300 P. villages in a large area is what got the smashnasty to restart on US3, and that sure was not done by the noobs. And I hear on US5 it prevents Noise from growing as he is used to. So it will be hard for him to be the first to have 2 villages for the fourth time in a row on the US-server.

the quests arent how you win the world, its just the new way of teaching the newbs how to play
Do have a look at the world settings again. There are two new things on US5. Not only at start up but also the requirements to win:
Victory requirements One tribe must hold 12 unique Secrets for 48 hours.

DeletedUser

^ That. It's quite Bs, and I think the swords should be lowered to at least 5.
Especially the sword quest later makes everyone get huge amount of swords,and then even rewards them with more swords. the quest also teaches people how to support barbs ^^
btw devilin you said you weren't going to let me get rank 1 for real(you wouldn't shut up about it) but you seem so far behind :D . What up?

DeletedUser

Especially the sword quest later makes everyone get huge amount of swords,and then even rewards them with more swords. the quest also teaches people how to support barbs ^^
btw devilin you said you weren't going to let me get rank 1 for real(you wouldn't shut up about it) but you seem so far behind :D . What up?

Ill catch up even if I log in like erm... oh wait I don't.

The world would blow up if I'd play. Nauzhror + Me = Too much awesome for 1 world to handle.

DeletedUser

Ill catch up even if I log in like erm... oh wait I don't.

The world would blow up if I'd play. Nauzhror + Me = Too much awesome for 1 world to handle.

sounds promising, finally maybe a battle to watch...

DeletedUser

Do have a look at the world settings again. There are two new things on US5. Not only at start up but also the requirements to win:
Victory requirements One tribe must hold 12 unique Secrets for 48 hours.

I am aware of that setting, however it is not part of the quests, i was answering an inquiry as to if doing the quests was the way to win the world, it is not.

The secrets is a second addition as you so rightly stated, however its just that, a second addition, different from the quests.