It is rumored that...

DeletedUser3214

Does it mean something different to play .net? .us players can be .net players and .uk players all at the same time :eek:

DeletedUser

Does it mean something different to play .net? .us players can be .net players and .uk players all at the same time :eek:

Aye, that they can. But different mindsets per server. The startup on the .net is much faster paced and has more player on player conflict.

On US11, I've yet to even hit a defended barb. Players with 26 points still have full warehouses. It feels.... different :p

DeletedUser3214

Well your on the farthest rim then, I've hit over 100 spikes so far and all player farms are contested farming

DeletedUser

Well your on the farthest rim then, I've hit over 100 spikes so far and all player farms are contested farming

Then I must say, this is quite literally the weakest and least contested rim I have ever seen lol.

DeletedUser3214

Yeah I have heard that is the case from more than just you, take it for granted the TW gods have given you a way to catch up :p

DeletedUser188

Aye, that they can. But different mindsets per server. The startup on the .net is much faster paced and has more player on player conflict.

On US11, I've yet to even hit a defended barb. Players with 26 points still have full warehouses. It feels.... different :p

You seem to have no idea about startup on servers.
Startup on net isnt hard, you're surounded by tons of noobs, so no big deal to do startup over there. On such a small server as .us, every "decent" player is close, which makes startup not that easy.
Basically you can't compare big servers like .net .de .pl not to small servers, they are completly different and you need to use another tactic to do startup

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I agree with ^^^. This is my first startup on .us and can honestly say it is the slowest I have built up since w8 on .net! Lol

DeletedUser

Startup on net isnt hard, you're surounded by tons of noobs, so no big deal to do startup over there. On such a small server as .us, every "decent" player is close, which makes startup not that easy.
Basically you canÄt compare big servers like .net .de .pl not to small servers, they are completly different and you need to use another tactic to do startup

Agreed. Although .net has more skilled players than .us, it also has more noobs, a lot more noobs. That's why it's so much easier to reach top 20 on the .us worlds. There are less skilled players than on .net, meaning rank 100 on .us is completely different to rank 100 on a .net world, simply due to the number differences.

DeletedUser3214

I wouldn't go that far to be honest, I recently did a startup world on .net with only 1 other co player and we were top 20 without playing 24/7. The us server is actually harder for wars I think because on .net the tribemates are automatically able to do any game mechanics required for attacking or defending, here you have to force some people to learn even how to tag.

DeletedUser

I wouldn't go that far to be honest, I recently did a startup world on .net with only 1 other co player and we were top 20 without playing 24/7. The us server is actually harder for wars I think because on .net the tribemates are automatically able to do any game mechanics required for attacking or defending, here you have to force some people to learn even how to tag.

I disagree. Wars are harder on .net, as, even though you have less-skilled tribemates on .us, it goes both ways, with most opponents being a lot less skilled here, too. I've never had a player on these servers time as well as some of the players I've come up against on .net.

DeletedUser3214

I suppose it depends how far into the world you are and how good your tribe is, out of my experience of my most recent .net worlds it was pretty much a blowout premade that owned easily, less common than .us or .uk (or any other small server for that matter). Then again, on older .net worlds we had a 4 year war that was highly arduous and competitive, so theres two sides to it.

DeletedUser

I suppose it depends how far into the world you are and how good your tribe is, out of my experience of my most recent .net worlds it was pretty much a blowout premade that owned easily, less common than .us or .uk (or any other small server for that matter). Then again, on older .net worlds we had a 4 year war that was highly arduous and competitive, so theres two sides to it.

Definitely depends how far into the world man, that premade wouldn't've been a complete blowout for too long (was it 66 or 67?).

Yeah, long competitive wars like that are something exclusive to .net.

DeletedUser

Basically you can't compare big servers like .net .de .pl not to small servers, they are completly different and you need to use another tactic to do startup

*Sigh*. On .net, I have never went multiple days in a row after BP ending without getting an attack. I've been attacked once so far on US11. And that being a sword/scout fake from a guy I scouted.

You need to use another tactic? I've done many startups on .net mate. Never have I seen a startup and rim so weak as US11 on K44. Are other US worlds better? Because I sure hope this isnt a representation of the player quality.

From what I've heard, The UK servers get the bulk of the 'great' US players. While there is come competition here, I've heard this server is far less competitive than some of its counter parts.

Regardless, this just feels different than .net which seems to have more of a "You must troop whore to survive" mentality. While on this server, as I've said many times, just feels different :p

DeletedUser3214

Definitely depends how far into the world man, that premade wouldn't've been a complete blowout for too long (was it 66 or 67?).

Yeah, long competitive wars like that are something exclusive to .net.

67, and it was a blowout for a solid month or two where we held 11 of the top 20 players in our tribe, but then the duke quit and some merges happened so stuff changed - though I think that tribe went on to stay #1 for some time just with less of a lead

DeletedUser188

*Sigh*. On .net, I have never went multiple days in a row after BP ending without getting an attack. I've been attacked once so far on US11. And that being a sword/scout fake from a guy I scouted.

You need to use another tactic? I've done many startups on .net mate. Never have I seen a startup and rim so weak as US11 on K44. Are other US worlds better? Because I sure hope this isnt a representation of the player quality.

From what I've heard, The UK servers get the bulk of the 'great' US players. While there is come competition here, I've heard this server is far less competitive than some of its counter parts.

Regardless, this just feels different than .net which seems to have more of a "You must troop whore to survive" mentality. While on this server, as I've said many times, just feels different :p

Are you kidding me?
I have been doing startups for 8 years now, on most of the best servers that exist: .de .ch .net .uk .us .nl and masters. I know what i'm talking about especially if it's about startups, i have had over 20 top 3 accs at startup, believe me when i say that you simply can't compare .net startup to .us startups, it's very different!

DeletedUser

Are you kidding me?
I have been doing startups for 8 years now, on most of the best servers that exist: .de .ch .net .uk .us .nl and masters. I know what i'm talking about especially if it's about startups, i have had over 20 top 3 accs at startup, believe me when i say that you simply can't compare .net startup to .us startups, it's very different!

The bolded part was my entire point. The startups FEEL different. Im not disagree with you at all. Read my first post that you quoted and said I had no idea about startups. US11 has had a slower startup than most .net servers that I have personally played. Why... such hostility?

DeletedUser

Why? You say the players of this world are weak. :p I don't think, if you have the same settings and size of this world on .net, the startup would be faster. But you obvious have your opinion about it so I don't gonna argue.