US vs UK Speed War Details

DeletedUser

This whole speed round is bull crap. I started the very second that the site allowed me, with the intention to win. But since you made it so that we cannot disban tribes or leave tribes. I lost. and the reason why is because out of Team 1: Dazzling, Dase, Jorian Targarius Rahl, Blo0dLiMit, Life.exe, Robertthebruce1028, Magnesium, Pinkypinkpink, dontworryimnotverygood,

only Life.exe and Robertthebruce1028 joined the tribe. the others either didn't even play or created their own tribes and screwed us over. this is really dumb. You should have just let people join tribes that they wanted to join, but now I'm stuck in this tribe with 3 people. thanks tribalwars.

DeletedUser

The players had the chance to create their own teams. I placed players who were teamless. I verified with players twice that they were committed to playing. I am sorry but this is not on me. Players had every chance to join the teams they wanted to, instead most left it to me to place them.

DeletedUser

This whole speed round is bull crap. I started the very second that the site allowed me, with the intention to win. But since you made it so that we cannot disban tribes or leave tribes. I lost. and the reason why is because out of Team 1: Dazzling, Dase, Jorian Targarius Rahl, Blo0dLiMit, Life.exe, Robertthebruce1028, Magnesium, Pinkypinkpink, dontworryimnotverygood,

only Life.exe and Robertthebruce1028 joined the tribe. the others either didn't even play or created their own tribes and screwed us over. this is really dumb. You should have just let people join tribes that they wanted to join, but now I'm stuck in this tribe with 3 people. thanks tribalwars.
You realise that the Dazzling account was supposed to make the tribe right? and so you should have joined whatever tribe they was in, which is the tribe dontworry created

DeletedUser

gg we done uk is crushing us solely cuz theyve been playing speed rounds, have the knowledge of the best startups, etc.
99% of the us have never even seen a speed world, its just no brainer who wins

DeletedUser

gg we done uk is crushing us solely cuz theyve been playing speed rounds, have the knowledge of the best startups, etc.
99% of the us have never even seen a speed world, its just no brainer who wins

This is probably the most valid point made so far. The only way to get better at speed is to play them. They play, a lot. I created this to give players a shot at it. At this point though, I am sorry I did.

DeletedUser

They did not invite me. so I took it upon myself to create it and invite them, in case Dazzling decided not to play. which wasn't the case and I only found out after I already created a tribe.

DeletedUser

This is probably the most valid point made so far. The only way to get better at speed is to play them. They play, a lot. I created this to give players a shot at it. At this point though, I am sorry I did.

It is a shame, although tbh it doesn't help we're playing against a very good squad. if this happened again, it might be an idea (although unlikely due to the participation) that theres a number of similar speed rounds hosted just for the .us servers before hand, so get some practice

DeletedUser

It is a shame, although tbh it doesn't help we're playing against a very good squad. if this happened again, it might be an idea (although unlikely due to the participation) that theres a number of similar speed rounds hosted just for the .us servers before hand, so get some practice

Its the UK servers speed worlds, I might be able to have arranged something like that, but it would have been unlikely. But after the commitment vs turnout of this particular speed world, I seriously doubt I will put in the work to do something like this again. There was a LOT that went in to putting this on, and between the behavior of some players and the fact that most who committed (after being asked twice) and then no-showed, I cant see why I would subject myself to this again.

DeletedUser

Thats fair enough. I think another thing that harmed this has been the tribe lock. miscommunication between teams just kind of failed the tribes, leaving 3/4 in each tribe

DeletedUser

jesse, sorry about all your work going down like this,

as for blood, we waited 5min before creating a tribe. none of you ever got in touch with us.
had you actually searched the rankings for either of us, and mailed us, you would have known that dazzling was going to make the tribe, (or through me since she couldnt)
as for the ones that did show up, uk just pulled way too fast for wat anything i knew,
i did the regular rush for lc, just keep building lc, but even then, all my farms were dried out and i was taken out in a 300lc attack that i couldnt dodge in 10seconds due to my internet lagging up at the rally point.

as for my point of constantly trying to remind each team that it is a US vs UK competition not a US vs US with UK killing US in the side. i received so many attacks from US players it was pathetic

DeletedUser

heres my insight of it all after having spent almost 2hours in front of the monitor getting beaten twice. (tried out two different methods)
the whole idea with the organized teams and people claiming to play was badly used as this was a us vs uk.
i think the uk should have been kept out and the 4hours given to the us as a chance to get a feel of what a speed round is like, so that we can vote whether we would like that kind of play in our servers or not.
almost half the people failed to show up, and all the teams save for legacy was chaotic and that added unto being set into a surrounding that isnt familiar to everyone, just made things worse.
i still think i'd like to play speed again, but after i get some more idea on what should be done. and when my internet finally gets upgraded from 1Mbps to 20Mbps

DeletedUser

jesse, sorry about all your work going down like this,

as for blood, we waited 5min before creating a tribe. none of you ever got in touch with us.
had you actually searched the rankings for either of us, and mailed us, you would have known that dazzling was going to make the tribe, (or through me since she couldnt)
as for the ones that did show up, uk just pulled way too fast for wat anything i knew,
i did the regular rush for lc, just keep building lc, but even then, all my farms were dried out and i was taken out in a 300lc attack that i couldnt dodge in 10seconds due to my internet lagging up at the rally point.

as for my point of constantly trying to remind each team that it is a US vs UK competition not a US vs US with UK killing US in the side. i received so many attacks from US players it was pathetic

Man, you can't say that. because Dazzling was supposed to invite everyone else to the tribe that she was initially supposed to create. if you had to create the tribe for her for some reason, then it was then up to you to invite the people on your team.

DeletedUser

Its posted a couple of times in this thread and I sent in game mails to tell players where to find it. I cannot make it more plain than that. I was not going to send 70+ forum PMs.

DeletedUser

Man, you can't say that. because Dazzling was supposed to invite everyone else to the tribe that she was initially supposed to create. if you had to create the tribe for her for some reason, then it was then up to you to invite the people on your team.

want me to spoon feed you?
spent the last few days asking each member of the team to contact me,
spent the last few hours before the round even started for the members of the team to contact me.
spent 10minutes in the game to wait for everyone to settle down in the initial clickings to get ahead,
made the tribe, invited the ones that had contacted me,

YOU made your own tribe, DEAL with it

DeletedUser1144

The only thing I was disappointed about was my connection. Right when my beginner protection ended, I lagged out the next 20 minutes. It messed me up, and was nothing anyone could control, but I think if Jesse would even subject herself to the scrutiny she has received this time again, then we would be better off having a universal US tribe vs UK tribe, and we would have to set up a universal skype chat to remind everyone who had a skype of the times and dates, etc. In general, we need to have a confirmed place for US players to go and for UK players to go so we dont spread so much.

Honestly, startup on a speed world is the same as a real world..Just 300x the speed. Farm constantly, LC rush, etc. Thank you Jess for the effort you put in, and thank you to the US players who did represent the US server. Better luck next time should it occur. :)

Adam
NG1