US vs UK Speed War Details

DeletedUser

Uhm I was thinking of playing as well, how can I register jesse?

DeletedUser1180

Hello all, Hiced here.

I would first like to say that while I suffered the same connection problems as new guy, I thoroughly enjoyed the round, and would love another one if the opportunity were to arise. I would like to thank jesse for setting it up, and I must say if you do choose to try this again some time, you can count me in :).

Next order of business, if you all would like, my brother, best friend and I have played several speed rounds on several servers many times. We have actually won a few on the French and (I believe) Portuguese server, and I would be more than willing to have a constant team of 6-7 players who did enjoy the round in a skype chat so that every once in a while when Im feeling like researching speed rounds I can find one and organize for us all to play on the world. Alongside that, I would be more than willing to give some pointers as to fast build ups, farming shortcuts (where they are allowed) and such. Most of the game is just communication, having fast connections, and having fast fingers. If you know how to snipe/backtime/dodge and all of that, then you have to condition yourself to be faster at it. Anyways, if anyone is interested, feel free to message me in game on W10 (I use it purely to keep in touch with people), username hiced, or on skype, user is ghostly447 and the name with it should be Matthew.S or something along those lines. Look forward to keeping in touch! :)

Good initiative. I do hope some people will join you.

Good game you all. and that coming from your former leader means you've earned it.
Hope to see you around more often Milad and not only at start ups and when there is a speed occurring. And yes if a pro like you tells them they did well that does mean a lot.

Given that UK plays speed all the time and that US had the #2 and #3 ranked tribes, I think US did pretty well. Congrats to those who stuck it out.
Thanks for organizing and making it happen Jesse!

How about a speed section on our forum that people can use to hook up to play on the speed-worlds from other servers? After all the ones that did this for the first time will agree that it is a whole different ballgame.

DeletedUser

How about a speed section on our forum that people can use to hook up to play on the speed-worlds from other servers? After all the ones that did this for the first time will agree that it is a whole different ballgame.

That would be nice. I've been playing some UK and French* speed rounds and it would make it more fun to have a tribe going into the round.

*Learning it in school, so I know enough to be able to read all the words on the game. I need a translator most of the time whenever I'm actually trying to talk to another player though.

DeletedUser

Tribalduel, you dont need to understand anything if you know the rules of the server (so just translate and make sure there are no discrepancies) and then if someone messages you, you can respond or ignore it. I normally ignore messages for a while anyways unless I have google translate right there, and even then I may not even respond (though you may like to, IDK you :D). I would love for a speed section to be in the forums as it may generate support and eventually we may find out theres enough to warrant a speed server (right jessi? :D). Whats the worst that can happen?

DeletedUser

Tribalduel, you dont need to understand anything if you know the rules of the server (so just translate and make sure there are no discrepancies) and then if someone messages you, you can respond or ignore it. I normally ignore messages for a while anyways unless I have google translate right there, and even then I may not even respond (though you may like to, IDK you :D).
People don't talk to me very often on speed in general, and the one time someone did talk to me on the French server he spoke some English, which was nice. We ended up being allies and working together we controlled a whole continent. That was definetely one of my better speed rounds. :p

Last edited by a moderator: