US10 Preworld Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

hmmm, this world has my attention. About the only thing i don't like is the fake limit. Can someone tell me about the flags?

DeletedUser

flags. getting awards, od, etc gets you flags. when you have 3 of the same flag, you upgrade it to the next level for a better bonus.
it helps in speeding up unit recruitments, resource productions by a % bonus, etc.
thats all i know since flags are new to me also.

DeletedUser

that is what we can pay to win feature in the .net because if you have the money, you can basically put yourself so far ahead by reducing times, buying flags, getting bonus resources, that you can almost solidify yourself (esp in this small world servers)

What "we" call pay to win features in .net is a way to pay to succeed on your first village.

Getting "solidified" because you have one village does not guarantee a win, in either the world or past 5 villages for the most part. The mere idea that it would create some kind of solid advantage that would not change has never been shown or proven on a single .us world, even when the rank 1 doubled or tripled rank 2 during startup (which I don't think has happened either).

In short, it's not so much pay to win as "pay to have it easier", as killerspear pointed out. You can call it what you like, there's no rule against that, but to think it's "pay to win" is akin to me saying that me having an extra spear during startup will win my end-game wars.

DeletedUser

yea your right none of it will take you to the end games.
but for me, i never stay around long and having a high rank with lots of shiny awards to show i was there is a win for me and pay-to-win (for me at least) helps in that :3 too bad im not rich though.
my only world in .us was w9 and thats a very small world.
p2w helped in getting up on my feet despite a month late join.
idk about the others so my opinion is strictly biased on my own views.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Pay to win is short, that's true. So is "Pay for advantage" or "Pay for plus", but you don't say that. Perhaps we should :).

There's only one definition for winning, and that's winning the world. Anything else is what you view as succeeding temporarily, but to win is to finish in first. That means you actually have to finish the world. Either way, I would recommend sticking around; the game's a lot more fun when you commit to playing a little longer and focus on one world. At least, that's how most people view it, I think.

DeletedUser

There's only one definition for winning, and that's winning the world. Anything else is what you view as succeeding temporarily, but to win is to finish in first. That means you actually have to finish the world. Either way, I would recommend sticking around; the game's a lot more fun when you commit to playing a little longer and focus on one world. At least, that's how most people view it, I think.

I do agree with you, but at the same time, some worlds can lose their fun later into the world, due to top tribes merging, instead of fighting it out. A lot of players get lazy toward the end (Myself included), and in my opinion, it just requires less skill when you're closing in on winning the world, for example, if your tribe is 200M, and your opponents tribe is 40 or so. Brute force and sheer numbers of troops replace some of the skill that would be required if both tribes were on equal, or close to equal footing in terms of points.

DeletedUser

actually i did try to stay till the world ends.
i even took breaks and came back to coplay some of my friends. it just took way too much time and it was too boring.
to me, early startup to roughly 500,000 is the most fun. with tribes having wars with planned operations.
its always satisfying to see an operation you plan out go well.

correct me if im wrong, but i feel like the parts i really enjoyed (ones that made me come back to tw) no longer happen..

DeletedUser

I agree pk3rz, at the point where you've won it's time to just sit back, relax, and be casual. But for example, on W65 of .net I'm currently engaged in the end-game war, and there's no better feeling than (as melancholy put it) watching an operation go smoothly. While the war is going on, that's the best part. And because after startup there's hardly any advantage (and startup advantage can't be maintained forever by 99.99% of players, who usually quit or burn out) I think the effect of "pay to win" features as they've been called is way overexaggerated :p.

DeletedUser

I agree pk3rz, at the point where you've won it's time to just sit back, relax, and be casual. But for example, on W65 of .net I'm currently engaged in the end-game war, and there's no better feeling than (as melancholy put it) watching an operation go smoothly. While the war is going on, that's the best part. And because after startup there's hardly any advantage (and startup advantage can't be maintained forever by 99.99% of players, who usually quit or burn out) I think the effect of "pay to win" features as they've been called is way overexaggerated :p.

Yeah, agreed, waiting the last 30 odd seconds before the OPS landing time, to see the operation being a success really is satisfying, I can imagine the satisfaction Googly had on 62 seeing that OP Agency launched on (Org. was it?), where they took something like 190 odd villages in a matter of seconds.

You're also right about the P2W features. They are over-exaggerated, and hardly provide much of an advantage after startup, unless you have the money to use them for absolutely everything on all villages throughout the length of the world in it's entirety, in which case it may provide a decent advantage, not to mention costing you hundreds, if not thousands of dollars.

DeletedUser

i wish i won the lottery and win the world by abusing p2w :3
but anyways, is everyone here going to play w10?

DeletedUser

If I won the lottery, there'd be a lot of other things I'd buy first. ;)
Yeah, may as well give it a crack, a friend wants me to play, so I'll see how it goes.

DeletedUser

thats good. and your right lol i would buy me a house, a car, and travel the world a bit.
but then again if i won the lottery, i wouldnt be in this game.

DeletedUser

I am eager to play world 10

I dunno, I'd probably still play it ;)

I would love to start playing a new world since I am just starting to play I agree with both sides of the coin I would like to have equal advantage and at the same time pay to help me start I would love to play tw while my newness starts.:)

DeletedUser

Hey guys,

I'm a german player who plays since 2005 tribalwars in germany. Me and my mate will start at us world 10. We have a lot of experience and we are looking for an account mate for Tribalwars.us World 10. If you are interested to join our party just write me a message. You should play under top 10 on other servers because we are played on position 1 in germany for a long time and we want to dominate this world again.

Best regards,

Muz

DeletedUser

I would love to start playing a new world since I am just starting to play I agree with both sides of the coin I would like to have equal advantage and at the same time pay to help me start I would love to play tw while my newness starts.:)

Yeah, I understand where you're coming from. when I started, tw was a lot less developed, as it had only been out 1-2 years (I think), so the competition was easier, and most people were new like me.

If you need any advice, I'm happy to provide it for you, mate. When the world starts, drop me a message, I'll do my best to help you do well.

DeletedUser

I won't be joining as I will likely just be a moderator on this server for as long as I'm on it, but good luck to you all :).

Who knows, maybe W11 I'll join up and have some fun ;).

DeletedUser

^ ohp someone scared cuz he heard im joining w10 :3
well nice meeting you u6s and after w10 ill be back for w14.
maybe we can play together then.

Status
Not open for further replies.