Yeah so the lack of skill in the rim was a misunderstanding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

You all may not see the point, and that's fine. But everyone who enjoyed it did, and everyone who enjoys seeing some life in the forum did, and that's all we aimed for :).

QFT Not a one word post

DeletedUser

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Just because you say it doesn't make it true. McMoney, you loosely interpreted that definition to suit your agenda and it was disingenuous. Just sayin'.

On the other hand, maybe we need crap like this... Anything to keep the forums active.

DeletedUser

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Just because you say it doesn't make it true. McMoney, you loosely interpreted that definition to suit your agenda and it was disingenuous. Just sayin'.

On the other hand, maybe we need crap like this... Anything to keep the forums active.

And just because you say he interpreted it differently, doesn't make it true, by your own logic. You interpreted it in an overly strict way, from your own biased perspective, because it suited your needs to attempt to criticize Smash for a post you now admit may have been worth making after all. To each their own, but don't pretend to be innocent :).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

And just because you say he interpreted it differently, doesn't make it true, by your own logic :).

Y'know... If that's the way you wanna be... I'm OK with that. I'll weigh what you or he says, against what I say, and find myself happy with the conversation. And if you can do the same, well, happy day.

DeletedUser

Ovb, I am going to interpret it to suit and back what the pnp is for as you do..and yes we need to lighten up these forums as I am doing what I can :p

Y'know... If that's the way you wanna be... I'm OK with that. I'll weigh what you or he says, against what I say, and find myself happy with the conversation. And if you can do the same, well, happy day.

Agreed :)

MM

DeletedUser

Ovb, I am going to interpret it to suit and back what the pnp is for as you do..and yes we need to lighten up these forums as I am doing what I can :p

MM

It kinda goes back to, I'd rather be boring and right, than sensational and wrong.

If I can be sensational AND right? Bonus.

You'll get used to me, or you'll come to hate me. You might even come to like me. But you aren't going to change me... And because I don't break the rules, and strive to be right.... You aren't getting rid of me.

DeletedUser

We don't care to get rid of you, nor do we care to show you that you're wrong as we have (which you refused to argue, besides using logic that I used against you). We are here to entertain the world, keep the forums active, and convince everyone else that you're wrong. And so far, you haven't made it very hard for us :).

Oh, and I don't recall seeing us being wrong anywhere. This is propaganda, but if you want to argue the definition devoid of context, feel free. You haven't proven anything besides that semantics is the only point you can try to pin us down on, but cannot :). Regardless, the original post serves a point very well, and that's all that matters.

DeletedUser

I edited above.

Holy heck! Did you ever edit. But that's OK, my quote of what you originally said is directly under your post.

And I'm not saying he was right in posting this thread, I'm saying that these forums are stagnant, and I'm just happy people are posting at all.

DeletedUser

Posting this thread gets people posting, and you haven't shown why the thread is bad. What's your point, then? That this isn't propaganda? Good luck convincing everyone of that ;).

DeletedUser

I enjoyed this thread (why wouldn't i?)

But Gearhound, i would say you are not succeeding in whatever you are attempting

DeletedUser

We don't care to get rid of you, nor do we care to show you that you're wrong as we have (which you refused to argue, besides using logic that I used against you). We are here to entertain the world, keep the forums active, and convince everyone else that you're wrong. And so far, you haven't made it very hard for us :).

Oh, and I don't recall seeing us being wrong anywhere. This is propaganda, but if you want to argue the definition devoid of context, feel free. You haven't proven anything besides that semantics is the only point you can try to pin us down on, but cannot :). Regardless, the original post serves a point very well, and that's all that matters.

One of the definitions (I like definitions) of ignorance is being shown something, and choosing to ignore it. After reading my posts, if that's how you feel, I'm happy with how the conversation has gone, and I'm going to move on.

DeletedUser

Then do so, and kindly exit the conversation. We can't help your ignorance at this point :). But we can kindly suggest that you stop posting, before others realize it. With any luck, this thread will be commented on to the point that no one will see. We'll do our best to help you out in that regard ;).

DeletedUser

Posting this thread gets people posting, and you haven't shown why the thread is bad. What's your point, then? That this isn't propaganda? Good luck convincing everyone of that ;).

Hmm... Ok... One last crack at the pot. I LIKE that people are posting, these forums are slow... But at this point, more posts have been about whether or not this is propaganda, then the original post's topic. The fact that the forum is getting more active: Good. That it had to be about something as weak as this: Bad.

This was weak PnP... If you wanna call it that, go hard. There's no declaration of intent. And PnP usually serves a purpose; to demoralize, to sow distension, to moralize your side... This has no purpose. This is the TribaWars version of kicking a baby puppy.

Isn't there a war going on? Where's the flaming?!?! Where are the witty pictures and the scathing remarks? Are rim noobs really the best we can do?

DeletedUser

Hmm... Ok... One last crack at the pot. I LIKE that people are posting, these forums are slow... But at this point, more posts have been about whether or not this is propaganda, then the original post's topic. The fact that the forum is getting more active: Good. That it had to be about something as weak as this: Bad.

I wonder why? Let's track down the origins, shall we?

McMoney calls it propaganda, and you post this:

http://forum.tribalwars.us/showpost.php?p=17863&postcount=15

You brought in semantics arguments, not us. We specified what we felt it was, you decided to dissent on the basis of semantics, though it clearly is propaganda.

This was weak PnP... If you wanna call it that, go hard. There's no declaration of intent. And PnP usually serves a purpose; to demoralize, to sow distension, to moralize your side... This has no purpose. This is the TribaWars version of kicking a baby puppy.

Oh? In the event that their members read this, they will be demoralized. In addition, the purpose is to entertain. One of the most effective methods of propagandizing is to inject humor. By making one tribe look worse, we look better in comparison to these rim noobs. We also curry favor with those who want humor, which is another good thing for propaganda and politics. This has a purpose, but you simply don't want to see it because of your bias. This was not weak PnP, or the majority would not be against you in regards to opinions on whether or not it is a good thread.

Isn't there a war going on? Where's the flaming?!?! Where are the witty pictures and the scathing remarks? Are rim noobs really the best we can do?

For now, yes. Unless you want to start flaming. Unfortunately, flaming is a lot worse in quality than this (if you don't know that then you make me question your knowledge of forum workings), can lead to closed threads, and detracts from people actually fighting the wars they're in. Perhaps you didn't know that, but I'm glad you now do. You're welcome.

Now, if you could please stop spamming our thread with your attempts to argue semantics, and your inability to see past your own bias, the thread can move on.

DeletedUser

I do Believe a war is going on, however not with us, as of yet. Ovb those guys have no intension of posting about the war, true or not.

Either way it was Pnp May it be weak, it is still there for the public interest, please leave

Oh and here is what was said erlia about you Here :)

MM

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

u6s5l. - You're wrong... you know... Maybe you don't know. I can't help you. In order:

-Post #8 was the first person to disagree with this thread, not me. And then McMoney literally asked for the dictionary definition in post #11
-The dictionary definition of propaganda requires either help or harm. Do you really believe your cause against the newbs was helped by this? Or was their efforts against you harmed?
-And as for bias... You're all in the same tribe! How can you possibly claim to be unbiased!?! I'm more unbiased that you could be simply by not being involved on any level other than forum.

Every time I think I'm done with this, you go off on another tangent, and I feel the need to defend myself. So... I'm done so long as you don't reply to this, all you need to keep me quiet, is to in turn stay quiet.

McMoney... That link is supposed to log people out, but it fails because links go to a new tab. Even were it to actually function, it breaches the rules.

DeletedUser

I've never understood why people bother to criticize these threads. Obviously, this one's intent is to be funny and entertaining; some Pnp's main focus is to harm, but this one is here largely for entertainment of all of us forum lurkers. The people opposing are also always outnumbered by the supporters, so posting an opposing point of view will usually lead to disagreement. And.....

GearHound said:
So... I'm done so long as you don't reply to this, all you need to keep me quiet, is to in turn stay quiet.
Lol. You were the first person to start conflicting with everyone else...how could you ask this of him?

Anyway, nice thread you 2 ;) Fun to read.

DeletedUser173

GearHound said:

I might add something to the Sie pnp in the next couple days, it truly is getting boring.

DeletedUser

u6s5l. - You're wrong... you know... Maybe you don't know. I can't help you. In order:

-Post #8 was the first person to disagree with this thread, not me. And then McMoney literally asked for the dictionary definition in post #11

Go find a dictionary and look up Propaganda

Come back when you know the terms and meaning

MM

That is not asking for the definition, that is asking for people to become familiar with it on their own terms. He clarified this as propaganda, said you need to learn the definition of it if you think it isn't propaganda, and you decided to say "Oh, no it isn't propaganda!" without any actual reasoning besides "you're just interpreting it to your view", which goes both ways.

-The dictionary definition of propaganda requires either help or harm. Do you really believe your cause against the newbs was helped by this? Or was their efforts against you harmed?

Our cause in the world was helped by this, as far as I can tell, and your ("newb") self was harmed by arguing these points for no reason, so yes...I'd say this was effective propaganda.

-And as for bias... You're all in the same tribe! How can you possibly claim to be unbiased!?! I'm more unbiased that you could be simply by not being involved on any level other than forum.

You're in W1, first of all. Second of all:

Nice thread

Great Post McMoney; I Have To Agree With You As Well, It Was Easy For Me To Own My K.
The Thing Is You Could Actually Point Whore Your Way To The Top As Well,(I Didn't Though!!), The Noobs Won't Attack You :D
I Hope You Do More Propaganda As Well, Its Enjoyable To Read... :D

These two are not in our tribe, and clearly don't seem to agree with you. Let me be clear: Click Here To Win himself clarifies this as propaganda. Is he biased as well? Perhaps you're assuming the world is against you (which it mostly is in this regard), but that's besides the point :p. In addition, we didn't ask the entire tribe if they agreed with this post, and they don't have to agree with us. The SmashNasty and McMoney both know that if I disagree with them on something, I can say it in the forums and it won't bother our relationship as friends and tribemates. They aren't obligated to agree with us on the virtues of the thread, whereas you from the start have been obligating yourself to argue against us.

Every time I think I'm done with this, you go off on another tangent, and I feel the need to defend myself. So... I'm done so long as you don't reply to this, all you need to keep me quiet, is to in turn stay quiet.

McMoney... That link is supposed to log people out, but it fails because links go to a new tab. Even were it to actually function, it breaches the rules.

This is our thread, not yours. I will reply to what I see fit, including your ignorance. All in all, good day sir, and I hope you learn how to see past that bias at some point :).

Status
Not open for further replies.