Mass Debating Competition [Discussions]

DeletedUser

As stated above this is the place to discuss the ongoing competition.

How are the fellow contestants dealing with the arguments? Just finished mine, maybe a bit rushed due to lack of time, but hope to make amends, if needed, in second argument.

DeletedUser

The world is quite silent. Haven't seen any PnPs that would have my or Googlies attention for debbating. It's rather sad the worlds has gone mostly the same as W3.

DeletedUser

The world is quite silent. Haven't seen any PnPs that would have my or Googlies attention for debbating. It's rather sad the worlds has gone mostly the same as W3.

Yes, I do agree with you. At the same time it's also the same on .net. When the world is active and fresh discussions will flow, but after a while it will just go mute. The difference is that at the opening of the .net world it has 5 to even ten times more players than here on .us. Thus the discussions will die faster here on .us with each active player quitting. This can be cured only by time and new players.

DeletedUser2069

Have no fear Old School's here :p

This world is pretty boring isnt it. Maybe they should turn the settings up on the speed an give people what they been asking for for a couple worlds now. Oh wait that's getting to much activity out of players. A lot of people don't do the public forum now a days because all you get in reply is flamed so why bother. Or you get your forum favorites who no matter what are always right about whatever or always telling the truth so no matter what you say or do you just look stupid even if what you say or do is true.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I doubt the fact that .us servers are quite un-balanced for the newer players. Even so I'm creating a premade, I'm more then happy to recruit some mid-classes, even a bit noobish players and help them learn, the fact is that every world a tribe of expereienced players join up and mostly kill off the leftover few competition, then cry about there's nothing to do.

DeletedUser

Discussing moderation is against the rules. Just a heads-up.

I don't believe raising world speed will help. How would it?

DeletedUser

It would help keep the action on par with how bored people are getting.

The slower the speed the fairer the world, but the faster the speed the less people get bored. This world really is starting to get boring, not enough good wars or fights going on, and not enough tribes that are dominating.

Currently the more active people are COMPLETELY dominating the competition on this world, even more so then normal, so why not make it faster?

Edit: I was going offtopic.

I am almost done with my argument, trying to make it a good one so I don't kicked in the first round :(

DeletedUser

I disagree, the faster the speed, the more likely the noobs are eliminated quickly. The world will get bored quickly short after that due to less targets. It'll temporarily fix it, but long-term it'll only make the problem worse.

But you're right, it is off-topic. Best of luck.

DeletedUser2069

You want to get some action going

remake the settings to W24.net again then make a advertisement on the .net server that W24 is reborn on .us cause pretty much anyone will tell you W24 was the best world .net had to offer

DeletedUser

Start another thread about this if you'd like, but this is not the place.

DeletedUser2069

THe whole topic was brought up about getting more activty on the forum and I cant toss out suggestions or free to speak my mind without my post being edited

This is exactly what I am mean by killing the forum I am on topic with whats been going on in this thread since the first reply

DeletedUser

Well then ^__^ I've finished mine and sent it in. When i started i was like....-_-, im an offense guy!!!! xD

DeletedUser2247

THe whole topic was brought up about getting more activty on the forum and I cant toss out suggestions or free to speak my mind without my post being edited

This is exactly what I am mean by killing the forum I am on topic with whats been going on in this thread since the first reply

i would gladly join in on making forums more active but i fall in the same category here i wish i had signed up for this competion but i wouldn`t have been chosen for a few similar reasons

DeletedUser

Well then ^__^ I've finished mine and sent it in. When i started i was like....-_-, im an offense guy!!!! xD

Yeah, I had similar problems. Now re-reading my argument I think to myself that I could have done a bit bitter, but could be alright.

tw error bite me said:
i would gladly join in on making forums more active but i fall in the same category here i wish i had signed up for this competion but i wouldn`t have been chosen for a few similar reasons

Not sure if I'm following you on this one. Competition was free to join for anyone, there were no criteria applied to individuals.

DeletedUser2247

[/QUOTE]Not sure if I'm following you on this one. Competition was free to join for anyone, there were no criteria applied to individuals.[/QUOTE]

i wish it was as simple as that but for arguments sake i doubt the prize would b open to me :( maybe another world another server yes but not here :(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Bigger speed woudln't increase any kind of activity, perhaps for a few days, though it get's boring quite more then slower speed, Imo there should be a more equal competition, at the moment and for the 2nd time there is quite a dominant tribe, if competition would be more even, it would be a bit more fun.

DeletedUser2247

hmmm

Bigger speed woudln't increase any kind of activity, perhaps for a few days, though it get's boring quite more then slower speed, Imo there should be a more equal competition, at the moment and for the 2nd time there is quite a dominant tribe, if competition would be more even, it would be a bit more fun.

in my opinion if you want a more competitive world and the noobs are not competitive enough why not take a few of them and teach them how to play and make your day more fulfilled by sharing your experience and working to make what you think is a competitive tribe. then and only then there will be enough experienced player to make the world more enjoyable for yourself.

people always complain about the big tribe yet they do not work at making smaller 1`s better.

DeletedUser

Sometimes it's just imposibble to do, you need to let him co-play you that he would understand how to react in certain situations. Imo, it's quite hard teaching the player by text.

DeletedUser2247

yes i agree not always easy sometimes language barriers occur but even then there is always translator. but when you do manage to get threw to some 1 it is quite rewarding and you manage to get long term loyal tw friends and next time around they could be the ones teaching