Some thoughts after 12 days in US3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1505

hey,i was helping after 1k :p
besides,i stopped farming for two weeks,so thats a more than good enough handicap :p

DeletedUser

To the haters -

We never asked for respect, people to look up to us, or awe every time we step on the forums. We are trolls who are damn good at tribal wars, hence why we're slaughtering world 3. We are aggressive, egotistical, and loud-mouthed. We've had competitions on who can be the most boastful on the forums.

Bottom line = we don't want your respect. We want to win. Looks like we're doing both of those quite well.

If you want to make unsubstantiated predictions like "Smash won't be here to win world 3," go right ahead. Victory will be all the more sweet in the end.

To my Smashers -

Lurve you. Keep kicking some ass. Wish I could be on more often.

DeletedUser

You had Noise account players and ali...that is clearly not the best of w2...

Now about the topic...I have to say that Smash already won the world b4 it started...good for them :D
oh is that what you think?you may like to rethink.I had:
1.Aliquisher+his co (top 3 w2)
2.Lexaurian (top 5 w2)
3.freegame players(top 5 w2)
4.Szfz (top 3 w2).
5.Hicut(top 10 w2)
6.Nauzhror(top 3 w2) who quit very very soon lol.so count it as 1/5 :D
7.Dont panic? team (top 5 or so)
8.Silent killer (top 10 w2)
9.Noise the Great (this one is counted as 5 :D )
do i need to mention more names?feel free to tw stat search their best ranks though.
Milad

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

First of all, Smash must be one of the most successful tribes I have ever witnessed. Cleverly diplomacy and skillfully members made this tribe so feared that no other tribe even dared to take one lousy city from them.

If the world had a decent number of people in it, Smash wouldn't be so likely to be doing so well. If this were .net, Smash wouldn't be in the position they are in now. I am not trying to put Smash down here, but to put your comment in to perspective. They may be the most successful tribe you've ever witnessed, but do remember that the size of this world (the 4x4 grid isn't even doing well in terms of filling up) means that this means a lot less. All the talented members, on the whole, were in Fun or Smash. The majority being in Smash (or meant to be :p).

It's sad though, that not even top 5 would join forces and rip Smash apart bit by bit, but rather rolled over and laid down waiting for their turn to be annihilated, and continued to fight each other instead of joining forces...

Even on large worlds, this frequently happens, particularly when the leaders are inexperienced. They'd rather pick "easy target" fights, and so give their members some confidence, than go to war with the "big bully in the playground" so to speak (not calling Smash bullies before anybody thinks this).

Looking at my own area after a week or so, there is no competition at all. In fact I have already grown beyond farming my neighbors and must cool down or I have nothing to feed on. Using money to cut down building time is therefore not an option at all, and I haven't even tested it yet.

This is an incredibly small world, and even with great settings barely any talented players from other servers came in. The ones who claim to be good have yet to show any form of talent that I have seen in this world via the externals so far (*cough* markeloff). Therefore, low competition is to be expected.

A strange situation in a very strange world indeed...and I can imagine Smash just having a ball when they gather several skillfull players, and shouldn't be blamed for the others not attacking them.
Jesus, that is part of the game and strategy to not let that happen, and the art of war to take the competition out one by one. Hats off for Smash for a well done work, and we are so looking forward for W4 to start :)

I agree. If others don't have the guts to fight them, that is only their leader's fault, and not Smash's fault.

One thing I would like to see is Smash declaring on every tribe in the top 10 in a single declaration. Would be nice for Smash to show a little bit of class now that they are so far ahead :p

To the haters -
We are trolls who are damn good at tribal wars, hence why we're slaughtering world 3. We are aggressive, egotistical, and loud-mouthed.

I wouldn't say, based on W3 .us, that you are damn good players. The low level of competition to me immediately disproves this, unless you are just meaning good in comparison to the players on this world, in which case fair enough. Slaughtering W3 isn't particularly challenging when there is no major talent beyond 3-4 people in the entire of this game world. I wouldn't consider a lot of you as particularly talented, when compared to people I normally play with. I guess "talent" and "damn good" are a matter of personal opinion though.

DeletedUser

How surprising, another thread where you all jump on the bandwagon of "Smash hugs" and "Smash recruits the top 20", despite the perfectly good facts against it. When it was proved we didn't recruit the top 20, you immediately ignored that argument and began augmenting your own egos. You're nothing more than factless hypocrites, at this point.

And Googly, the only thing I would take issue with that you said that can be proven wrong, in my opinion, is this:

Googly said:
If the world had a decent number of people in it, Smash wouldn't be so likely to be doing so well. If this were .net, Smash wouldn't be in the position they are in now. I am not trying to put Smash down here, but to put your comment in to perspective. They may be the most successful tribe you've ever witnessed, but do remember that the size of this world (the 4x4 grid isn't even doing well in terms of filling up) means that this means a lot less. All the talented members, on the whole, were in Fun or Smash. The majority being in Smash (or meant to be ).

While we appreciate the...um...commentary, all you did was agree with him saying Smash was successful from what he'd seen, and that we had the talented members.

DeletedUser

And Googly, the only thing I would take issue with that you said that can be proven wrong, in my opinion, is this:

While we appreciate the...um...commentary, all you did was agree with him saying Smash was successful from what he'd seen, and that we had the talented members.

You kinda missed the whole point. I don't think Smash has done anything that suggests they are noteworthy of being considered successful as I personally doubt Smash would still be around now, if they were on a server which has more than 5 talented people on any one world.

DeletedUser

No, you missed the whole point:

suc·cess   
[suhk-ses] Show IPA
–noun
the favorable or prosperous termination of attempts or endeavors.
the attainment of wealth, position, honors, or the like.
a successful performance or achievement: The play was an instant success.

The 3rd is the most apt definition for the context of this game. Success is not about the competition you have, it's about how well you've done compared to everyone else. For example, just because my business encountered less misfortune than yours and gained more money as a result, doesn't mean my business is less successful. Smash is the most successful tribe he's seen. Yes, it may have been different with different competition, but that's not something you can judge until it happens. Smash was successful, regardless of who they faced.

DeletedUser

Success is subjective. Personally, I consider tribes only to be successful if they have a challenge. It's not hard to win a world on a server with next to no talent playing in it (I can give an example of having done that previously on .ae), and so I don't consider a tribe, however well it is doing, particularly successful unless it has a challenge. It's something that is an opinion. You may be winning this world, but because there hasn't been anybody playing .us who could provide a challenge, I don't personally view you as being a successful tribe as you have yet to earn that "success".

DeletedUser

I don't see what was subjective about my definition. If you want to make up your own definition, feel free I suppose, because I can't stop you. But success is a noun defined by how well one does with the obstacles they face, not how well they'd have done with more difficult obstacles. We are the most successful tribe he's seen, regardless of whether or not we're the most talented. And you can't simply choose to disagree with what he sees simply because you define words however you feel at the time you post.

DeletedUser

[...]how well one does with the obstacles they face[...]

[J]Which obstacles? It is not because one outsider considers smash to be successful, that they really are. You cannot really say one person counts for the .us community, or even on a broader scale, the vast tribalwars vicinity. And although your definition was correct, it was inappropriately used. If you scratch all those that are more successful than the subject of the list, then the subject is successful, am I right? Well, in comparison with other tribes that any more or less decent player with a couple of years playing experience stumbled upon, smash is not successful. The environment can always be bent and manipulated to give yourself a biased impression of what is happening. And as long as that biased impression is more suitable for your happiness (in this case smash' moral), one is always blind to see the whole picture. So belief whatever you want as long as it floats your boat, but we know better. I.e. we know smash is not as impressive and successful as they think they are :)[/J]

DeletedUser

[...]how well one does with the obstacles they face[...]

[J]Which obstacles? It is not because one outsider considers smash to be successful, that they really are. You cannot really say one person counts for the .us community, or even on a broader scale, the vast tribalwars vicinity. And although your definition was correct, it was inappropriately used.If you scratch all those that are more successful than the subject of the list, then the subject is successful, am I right? Well, in comparison with other tribes that any more or less decent player with a couple of years playing experience stumbled upon, smash is not successful. The environment can always be bent and manipulated to give yourself a biased impression of what is happening. And as long as that biased impression is more suitable for your happiness (in this case smash' moral), one is always blind to see the whole picture. So belief whatever you want as long as it floats your boat, but we know better. I.e. we know smash is not as impressive and successful as they think they are :)[/J]

OP said:
First of all, Smash must be one of the most successful tribes I have ever witnessed.

Well, that was easy. Let me know the next time you want me to point out what I'm arguing for, and how you completely missed that point.

Oh, and I don't see how I bent the definition out of context. We are successful on this world, perhaps the most successful tribe in terms of taking over a world quickly. Impressive is not what I'm saying, but our success rests on what we've accomplished, and controlling such a large portion of the world and having a great ally controlling it with us is success, no matter what "comparisons" you're trying to make. Success isn't measured, again, by how much "talent" you've garnered, but by what you've achieved with what you have. I could have the best business team in the world, but if my business crashed and burned, it would not be successful. If I had a terrible business team, but garnered a multi-billion dollar fortune because of that business, it was a success.

You make long, illogical arguments that both confuse me with their lack of rationale and also confuse me based on how little I think I could discern the irrational workings of your mind on this point.

DeletedUser

Fact is, that this discussion comes a few months too early ...
international players joined later, cause of sleeping off the start^^

when you see the number of players here it's sure, that this server can't last as long as international servers ( ger e.g. ). But every discussion about best player and best tribe at this time is a damned failure.
Everyone of you , selfnamed 'pros' should know that. Otherwise I weren't surprised if not^^

so long

DeletedUser

My post was merely directed at your inappropriate use of definitions, no need to throw in irrelevant quotes. But if you insist upon having the last word, no problem for me. Like I said, whatever floats your boat, we know better.

DeletedUser

When I use a definition inappropriately, let me know. I simply countered your belief and you attempt to seek some false "high ground" because you know you're wrong. Nevertheless, I'll leave you to stew in your incorrectness, having successfully proven my point. Does anyone want to offer some real, concrete counters to this thread? If not, then I vote to close it. Not like we don't have another 2 or 3 threads where you can spew your anti-Smash claims without any logic or proof to back them up.

DeletedUser

Plain simple, yes I admit you were/are successful on this world. However, smash does not meet the expectations to be stamped as a good & skilled tribe. I do not think this thread should be closed, as far as I am concerned, this is still on-topic. As for my anti-logic claims. If I have the intention to, my reasonings are logic. But sometimes I need to lower my intellect to the community's level lol.

DeletedUser

However, smash does not meet the expectations to be stamped as a good & skilled tribe.

That's entirely different...you told me I misused the definition of successful but agree that we are successful now. Well, being good or skilled is not my concern, we let our actions speak for us. And if you don't believe that, then I say I don't believe there's any way to measure that. So bandy that around, by all means, but don't expect it to mean much. While it's on-topic, it will take you nowhere except for hearing a bunch of people go "Smash r huggerzzz!1!!!1", etc.

DeletedUser

I think how it should be worded is that smash successfully took control the core whether that be diplomatically with their puppets/allies (however you want to say it) or aggressively. Their oda matches their points so they must have done some fighting somewhere. But seeing as "rim" seems to start at the edge of every core continent, this world would not be a difficult task for most any premade that had their head on straight and started in the core.

The fact that on the rim you can't find a village that fits in the 20:1 rule by the time you get nobles except straight towards the core means that you have to run in face first against guys 3, 4, 5 times bigger than you within a month's time. It's just not an easy task even with skill and activity. Sometimes not even feasible as you wouldn't be able to snipe a train with a nuke on each noble or recap it unless you had 2 offensive villas in which you'd be dead soon after due to not being able to defend yourself.

.us servers are as prominent as some of the others which is the reason why they don't fill so fast. I don't think (or at least hope) that smash didn't join this world for the challenge because these servers just don't have the draw to even compare to other servers. Perfect example of a steamroll world.

Personally...I blame pp for building queues and packets for the flop of this world.

DeletedUser

This is an incredibly small world, and even with great settings barely any talented players from other servers came in. The ones who claim to be good have yet to show any form of talent that I have seen in this world via the externals so far (*cough* markeloff). Therefore, low competition is to be expected.

I agree the settings are awsm and that its sad that less amount of vets joined. But quite honestly the timing wasn't all that good.. W53 where it was a no morale world (now) the biggest tribes were in the middle of wars and there hadn't been many that got rimmed and MANY vets are in that world so as long as that war drags.. I really doubt any world is really gonna so much talent

DeletedUser

Yeah so all of this is full of nonsense, again. I really don't know how you guys have been playing tw for as long as you claim to.

I've led a ridiculous amount of tribes from scratch to success. Only done one other premade. If anyone remembers world 44, my other premade Barney, was pretty highly successful there as well until my departure.

You can try to blame the immense lead on whatever you want, but I've met thousands of good players on TW over my time of playing. It wasn't hard to assemble a good core of players that would work together, and could dominate on their own just as well, ontop of my lengthy experience at the helm. It is as simple as that. Strong players, strong leadership, legitimate teamwork, and a desire to win is all it took.

Now for all those saying we had hugged the core.. I'll give you our entire history of diplomacy thus far.

1st, NAP with ~NGU~, they were a mass recruiting tribe, we used them to put pressure onto FUN and catapult a few of their players, while we catapulted a few as well. Also we didn't have much going on in the southwest and a bit of insurance doesn't hurt. They were pretty fail and we ended it maybe after 2 weeks or so.

2nd, agreement to work together to put pressure onto FUN with Angels. There was no NAP nor alliance ever agreed upon.

3rd, alliance with =axe=. We were planning on having them as our one ally we kept throughout the world. The big reason why we chose them because the northwest wasn't an area we had many people in. At first we had about 6 players there, 4 quit, leaving 2. Myself and kardel. I wasn't planning on playing actively, and I had no doubt in kardel's abilities, so I drew up some maps, and saw that AXE was in the smartest position for us. Axe was not the largest, but we talked to the leadership and they seemed like a nice bunch. ~N.S~, originally named !Quiet was always much larger than =axe=, and had the ability to become a real contender. They had a good handful of players, but as you saw, when we declared, the weakness in leadership was shown.

4th, I was put into contact with Nutsak's leadership on skype, we talked a bit, nothing too specific. Ended up being a nice guy, offered to help out a few of our players and even showed us some evidence of an applicant of ours planning on spying for a friends tribe. It ended up that the player was just saying that for a safety net so other tribes wouldn't attack him, but I don't play that wussy crap. Got rid of him with Nutsak, before an alliance was made. They even offered and did support a player of ours that the player under attack would go after. When =axe= started to show signs of becoming a rebel ally due to several of their members not really understanding what an alliance is, nobling barbs next to our players, even going as far as attacking villages of ours, we struck up a NAP with Nutsak, about a week later that turned into an alliance due to the immense cooperation with them, and the reliable hand they had left us. We never at first intended on pushing to an alliance, but they went above and beyond to deserve one. Also the day before we made the alliance official, I had a good bit of information passed on to me that =axe= was creating a large collaboration of tribes to try to take us down, while still under the alliance. Pretty lame eh?

Now, we did not break the alliance with AXE, they did so by attacking me at 3 am in the morning. I responded by nobling his main (The leader of =axe=, who broke the alliance).

This is where we are at today. Now out of all of the tribes that took up the core, and were at a point and time much larger than Smash, these are the only tribes that we officially had anything to do with diplomacy wise. I handle all diplomatic concerns with u6s5l. Anything that has been stated by anyone outside of what I just posted, is invalid.

Status
Not open for further replies.