the premium features are broken...

DeletedUser

Don't want to bring world politics into a non-world thread, but please don't be upset that we are active recruiters and saw a benefit in recruiting players that are doing well.

Also we don't just recruit for points, they have troops as well(check ODA :p)

I would of done the exact same... I would also have good troops if I had abused that glitch... how many LC can I get when I have unlimited resources for 5 days?

I don't have to do the whole points vs troops thing because I can get my buildings, speed them up and replace the resources alongside making sure my troop queues don't stop and my barracks/stable is a good level...

but I am not blaming IDC for taking advantage of the situation just pointing it out that it is unlikely to balance out when such a large portion of those players are in 1 tribe and so won't fight each other...

but anyway I agree we should hold a poll and a global message sent informing all us6 players of the poll but following a reset pp should be refunded

DeletedUser

where is the rule against this?

Since you asked...

TW RULES said:
If you experience a bug you must immediately report it to the support team. Failing to do so may result in a punishment.

Rules: http://www.tribalwars.us/rules.php

It's near the bottom under "miscellaneous." I would hope that TW would stand by their rules and discipline those who took advantage of this glitch, if they are not willing to restart the server.

DeletedUser

Since you asked...

Rules: http://www.tribalwars.us/rules.php

It's near the bottom under "miscellaneous." I would hope that TW would stand by their rules and discipline those who took advantage of this glitch, if they are not willing to restart the server.

from the point of view of the players in questions they probably just thought it was a different setting on this world

DeletedUser

TW RULES said:
We do not refund premium to players who are banned for breaking our rules.

Also another interesting point. Since we're talking about refunding pp if the server is reset, they'd have to sort out who abused the glitch and who didn't, if they were going to follow this principle. But, I would be content if they were nice and refunded everyone - I just want the server reset or SOMETHING done so that we can even the playing field. Whether they reset the server, or discipline the cheaters, I'd be fine with either of the two solutions.

DeletedUser

DEADBEEF said:
from the point of view of the players in questions they probably just thought it was a different setting on this world

Oh yeah, infinite resources if you pay the pp. Why don't we just make a different setting for x amount of pp and you don't even have resources, you just can build whatever you want, whenever you want? That makes a lot of sense. Please excuse my sarcasm...

But, anyone who thought this was a "new feature" instead of a glitch is not too bright, because it clearly said that they were trades at a 1:1 ratio - if it was trading at anything different than that, then an intelligent, honest person would recognize it as a glitch.

DeletedUser

Also another interesting point. Since we're talking about refunding pp if the server is reset, they'd have to sort out who abused the glitch and who didn't, if they were going to follow this principle. But, I would be content if they were nice and refunded everyone - I just want the server reset or SOMETHING done so that we can even the playing field. Whether they reset the server, or discipline the cheaters, I'd be fine with either of the two solutions.

yh I agree I want SOMETHING done :) but I got a feeling they might start thinking how much those players spent getting that advantage and so might think twice about the reset... its sad that money could come into it >.>

DeletedUser

This wasn't a bug, for all the players know it was meant to be like that.

They can't be banned for doing something they didn't know wasn't meant to be happening.

DeletedUser

This wasn't a bug, for all the players know it was meant to be like that.

They can't be banned for doing something they didn't know wasn't meant to be happening.

agreed...

DeletedUser

Well, as someone who's played this game for a while, I disagree, and I would recognize that infinite, constantly replenishing resources IS a glitch. And, like I said, it did say the trades would be 1:1 ratio, so anyone observant, honest, and intelligent would have recognized it as a bug, for those two reasons. But, in case you're still not convinced... that's fine. If you don't want them banned, fine, I think they should face SOME sort of punishment, but I would be content with forgiving them IF we could restart the world on a level playing field.

DeletedUser

Or why can't they just give them their pp back, and downgrade their villages so they are more along the lines of what they would be, had they not taken advantage of that glitch/bug/setting/whatever you wanna call it?

DeletedUser

Or why can't they just give them their pp back, and downgrade their villages so they are more along the lines of what they would be, had they not taken advantage of that glitch/bug/setting/whatever you wanna call it?

the problem with that is that it might not of just been used to get pop... also troops... next you have to find out every person that did 1 of the trades and then how many constitutes as abuse... I think a restart would cause less arguments :)

DeletedUser

the problem with that is that it might not of just been used to get pop... also troops... next you have to find out every person that did 1 of the trades and then how many constitutes as abuse... I think a restart would cause less arguments :)

The only real complaint that I could see is starting location. Depending on the number of starting barbs and players around you can directly effect your growth in any world with hauls. Well as long as they refund the PP, I see the worst effect being the people who abused this glitch being stuck with a ton of .us PP; which isn't all that bad.

DeletedUser

Yeah I see your point with the arguments, and figuring out technicalities of "how many uses constitutes abuse," etc. While I have my own opinion and answers to those questions, it would lead to arguments and disagreements. I think it should just start over, even if it kept all the village locations the same, etc. That way you are still near the same barbs, players, etc as before. That would be my solution.

DeletedUser

...or just close world 6 to new registrations and start world 7. That way those that want to keep playing 6 as is, can, and those that want to play a "fair" and balanced world have the opportunity. That should please everybody.

DeletedUser

Yeah I see your point with the arguments, and figuring out technicalities of "how many uses constitutes abuse," etc. While I have my own opinion and answers to those questions, it would lead to arguments and disagreements. I think it should just start over, even if it kept all the village locations the same, etc. That way you are still near the same barbs, players, etc as before. That would be my solution.

The doesn't work because of the players who played for a day or two and stopped. Their villages became farms as soon as BP was dropped. Since they clearly aren't coming back to do build their villages to the same point before dropping off again; it just wouldn't be the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Right, there is no way to go back in time and make it exactly the same as it was, but my point is anything is better than the current situation, IMHO.

DeletedUser

Right, there is no way to go back in time and make it exactly the same as it was, but my point is anything is better than the current situation, IMHO.

I can't agree more which is why I think a reset is needed

DeletedUser

Well, as someone who's played this game for a while, I disagree, and I would recognize that infinite, constantly replenishing resources IS a glitch. And, like I said, it did say the trades would be 1:1 ratio, so anyone observant, honest, and intelligent would have recognized it as a bug, for those two reasons. But, in case you're still not convinced... that's fine. If you don't want them banned, fine, I think they should face SOME sort of punishment, but I would be content with forgiving them IF we could restart the world on a level playing field.

Actually, on the Lithuanian server World 6, the setting is 0.9 to 1 transfer, so essentially giving those players a 10% bonus on swaps. This is the setting and is intentionally done that way. It is not a glitch.

DeletedUser

Actually, on the Lithuanian server World 6, the setting is 0.9 to 1 transfer, so essentially giving those players a 10% bonus on swaps. This is the setting and is intentionally done that way. It is not a glitch.

Actually, by definition, a glitch can be considered anything that doesn't go according to a set plan. Since the stated world settings were suppose to be 1:1; the plan would be for the world to have that setting. Since human error placed the setting different than that, a glitch was therefore created. In short a nontechnical glitch occurred.

DeletedUser

Actually, by definition, a glitch can be considered anything that doesn't go according to a set plan. Since the stated world settings were suppose to be 1:1; the plan would be for the world to have that setting. Since human error placed the setting different than that, a glitch was therefore created. In short a nontechnical glitch occurred.

nice argument :)