the premium features are broken...

DeletedUser

Actually, by definition, a glitch can be considered anything that doesn't go according to a set plan. Since the stated world settings were suppose to be 1:1; the plan would be for the world to have that setting. Since human error placed the setting different than that, a glitch was therefore created. In short a nontechnical glitch occurred.

A human error isn't a glitch, its a human error. A glitch is usually a result of a programing issue.

I'm tired of people thinking because there was in all retrospect a MINOR mistake that they all of a sudden have a law degree and can attempt to twist words and attempt to make themselves right.

Aliyah will do as she wishes with the world. She can't just say that we are going to restart because she has other people that have to OK that before she even brings it to us.

So please, stop attempting to say this was a glitch and people should be banned. Stop saying that the world should be restarted. Stop saying there should be a rollback(don't know if someone actually said this). Stop saying the Top 2 should get PP back and be reduced in points. If Aliyah feels that the world should be reset then she will; our wants and wishes might be heard but it takes quite a bit to have a world reset(World 1 took a crazy in-balance in barbarians to actual players).

DeletedUser

A human error isn't a glitch, its a human error. A glitch is usually a result of a programing issue.

I'm tired of people thinking because there was in all retrospect a MINOR mistake that they all of a sudden have a law degree and can attempt to twist words and attempt to make themselves right.

Aliyah will do as she wishes with the world. She can't just say that we are going to restart because she has other people that have to OK that before she even brings it to us.

So please, stop attempting to say this was a glitch and people should be banned. Stop saying that the world should be restarted. Stop saying there should be a rollback(don't know if someone actually said this). Stop saying the Top 2 should get PP back and be reduced in points. If Aliyah feels that the world should be reset then she will; our wants and wishes might be heard but it takes quite a bit to have a world reset(World 1 took a crazy in-balance in barbarians to actual players).

and you don't think this has created a crazy imbalance as well? as you said our opinions will be heard so it is worth stating what they are.

DeletedUser

and you don't think this has created a crazy imbalance as well? as you said our opinions will be heard so it is worth stating what they are.

This error effects such a small group of people compared to the barbarian spawn rate issue.

The whole world was affected instead of 2 people...

DeletedUser

This error effects such a small group of people compared to the barbarian spawn rate issue.

but those 2 people imbalance the rest of the world not to mention people who decided to use it for some big troop counts... how do we know its just limited to those 2?

DeletedUser

Actually, by definition, a glitch can be considered anything that doesn't go according to a set plan. Since the stated world settings were suppose to be 1:1; the plan would be for the world to have that setting. Since human error placed the setting different than that, a glitch was therefore created. In short a nontechnical glitch occurred.

Here's another point. The players might not have been aware it was supposed to be 1:1... I know it said it on the forums, but not everyone reads the forums. If it didn't say in-game, then there's no way to prove they purposely exploited this so-called "bug"

DeletedUser

glitch: noun

1. a defect or malfunction in a machine or plan.

Although I may not have a law degree, I do work as an administrator in a paralegal firm FYI.

but those 2 people imbalance the rest of the world not to mention people who decided to use it for some big troop counts... how do we know its just limited to those 2?

If you look at the top 20 players you can see that it clearly isn't limited to them. More people have used this glitch and it does effect the people that play around them.

Here's another point. The players might not have been aware it was supposed to be 1:1... I know it said it on the forums, but not everyone reads the forums. If it didn't say in-game, then there's no way to prove they purposely exploited this so-called "bug"

This is true. Unless you can prove they actually visited the page, they could just claim ignorance. Mainly why I never said anything about banning the players who abused the glitch, and why I felt the PP would need to be returned to them.

DeletedUser

Que? said:

LOL - This is just hilarious, and I can't pass up the opportunity to respond to this. I apologize in advance if this sounds rude or mean or anything like that, but are you serious? Couple questions.... who/what do you think is doing the programming? Who writes the programs? Where do the programs come from? *hint* an error in computer programming is a HUMAN ERROR. If I need a law degree, you need a computer science degree, or some common sense knowledge, as it doesn't take a computer scientist to know that HUMANS are the ones doing the programming, therefore a programming error is a human error.

mashman said:
I know it said it on the forums, but not everyone reads the forums. If it didn't say in-game, then there's no way to prove they purposely exploited this so-called "bug"

I suppose it's possible that I am mistaken here, but I believe it did say in-game in the same screen what you would exchange and what you would get for it (1:1)

elementsoul said:
Although I may not have a law degree, I do work as an administrator in a paralegal firm FYI.

Perhaps what Que? needs is a computer science degree, so that he understands that a programming error IS a human error :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

What I think is interesting is that you didn't say a word until after the glitch was fixed and now you pretend you knew everything the whole time and everyone believing otherwise is an idiot.

I'm glad this was caught, thanks for fixing it <3

I think Aliyah + others took the right path. Resetting the server would be highly annoying to those who've put a lot of time (like me and many others) into the world so far including the top 2 atm. While I still think the PP benefits are still terrible....they're a little better now. :)

DeletedUser

JessNasty said:
What I think is interesting is that you didn't say a word until after the glitch was fixed and now you pretend you knew everything the whole time and everyone believing otherwise is an idiot.

That makes about as much sense as saying I should have reported the bug in the farm assistant...and I don't use the farm assistant. I never used this specific premium feature in question, so of course I did not say anything, because I never would have noticed the bug.

DeletedUser

Let's please stop arguing about it. Aliyah did what she can do to try to fix the problem.

It was really nice of her to change the market ratio from 1.2 to 1.

I think this decision showing that Aliyah really respects US tribalwar community because Realistically it wasnt a mistake at all (from business perspective).

If these PP features were applied to all upcoming worlds, I probably go against it too.

But I think its okay to have a special world with these features. For those players willing to pay or willing to prove skills > money.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

glitch: noun

1. a defect or malfunction in a machine or plan.

If you look at the top 20 players you can see that it clearly isn't limited to them. More people have used this glitch and it does effect the people that play around them.

If you want to get nit-picky about use of words, we can get nit-picky. Its AFFECT not effect. I can quote a dictionary, too, if you'd like.

Anyways, your personal attacks *cough :rules:cough* on Que? are irrelevant, as the rules talk about BUGS not glitches. ;)

Now are we done ignoring everything people say except one word so we sound extra smart?

DeletedUser

Just restart the server and refund the pp. The world is still new and it would finish fixing the mistake. Don't get me wrong I understand it was an honest mistake and I think she did a good job fixing it. I just think to that we should finish fixing the problem.

DeletedUser

For all we know, she could be trying right now. I'm sure for things as big as resetting a world, she needs permission from higher-ups in Innogames. If Innogames is like most companies, it'll take a little long than a few hours to make a decision ;)

DeletedUser

Just restart the server and refund the pp. The world is still new and it would finish fixing the mistake. Don't get me wrong I understand it was an honest mistake and I think she did a good job fixing it. I just think to that we should finish fixing the problem.
TBH I think it will be quite interesting to see how people handle the money + questionable about of skill vs raw skill. Plus, if she won't at least take down their point levels she surely won't take us all back down to 26. Not really fair to those who got a good start :)

DeletedUser

Well I asked her and she said she would most likely not restart the server. I honestly think its not fair for someone to almost have nobles when rank 2 hasnt cleared 1.5k points.

DeletedUser

LOL - This is just hilarious, and I can't pass up the opportunity to respond to this. I apologize in advance if this sounds rude or mean or anything like that, but are you serious? Couple questions.... who/what do you think is doing the programming? Who writes the programs? Where do the programs come from? *hint* an error in computer programming is a HUMAN ERROR. If I need a law degree, you need a computer science degree, or some common sense knowledge, as it doesn't take a computer scientist to know that HUMANS are the ones doing the programming, therefore a programming error is a human error.

Okay, so if you want to get smart I guess I'll have to as well. Aliyah does not write the code for the game, nor the premium features. She is our CM, she is basically what you would call our representative in Innogames. There was no code error, therefore there was no issue in terms of a glitch.

Before I go on, I respect you Aliyah and I am in no way shape or form attempting to throw you under the bus. Mistakes happen to the best of us :)

Aliyah has to input all the world settings before making the world. She accidentally typed the wrong thing into a box for this specific setting. Therefore a human error, not a glitch. A glitch is caused by human error, it is not human error.

So no, I don't need a computer science degree and no i don't need a class in common sense. You however may need to get another point to attempt and make me look stupid with :)

I suppose it's possible that I am mistaken here, but I believe it did say in-game in the same screen what you would exchange and what you would get for it (1:1)

The screen said the same ratio that it was set for, a .8:1.

Perhaps what Que? needs is a computer science degree, so that he understands that a programming error IS a human error :p

Clarified above so that you can attempt to wrap your mind around the fact that human errors cause glitches and that a glitch is not a human error.

Also, no I don't need a computer science degree. But considering the fact that I know more about Javascript that your average teenager I might actually go get one once I graduate and do something productive with my life.

DeletedUser

I would think its also unfair to ruin the work that players have put in over the last 4 days who got off to good starts because of 1 player. Either way it would be unfair, so I guess its best to take the lesser of the two evils, no?

DeletedUser

The lesser of two evils would be to restart the server. Maybe send an ingame poll?

DeletedUser

Would there be any chance to restart the World 6? i mean, you can tell it has putten a couple players way ahead due to this.