the premium features are broken...

DeletedUser

And I believe the whole idea that only two players benefited from this is ludicrous. Those are the ones that shot up in points, but troops aren't worth points, so how we do there aren't 5, 50, or 500 more out there who spent tons and tons of resources gained from that feature on TROOPS? They would be just as far ahead as the ones who shot up in points.

DeletedUser3007

points don't represent troop counts correct.. but they do represent a possible amount of troops. im sure the players in question had their q filled up from the start...

i made a thread and was told to discuss it here, so i copied it for this post.. cuz they'll delete the one i have above with the link..

so i used to play tw on a few other servers, but i heard that if you are rich, this server is the place to be! i was told that within 5 days of the start of the world you can already be big enough to take another village! who would have thought?
i have about 150$ i would like to blow through in premium points just to trade with myself in the market. thank god they let us do that!
oh wait, i forgot, the mods made a mistake, and now only 1 person can benefit from this. i suppose ALL the players around him got screwed. who does the game protect? oh ya, the guy that spent the most money. im dam sure the others spent money aswell, and the guy that got nobled had a 400 point village. something that large this early definitely involves work. but i suppose innogames will protect the player that has the money.. you know the rules right? whoever has gold makes the rules.
if the player hadn't spent that much to do what he did, the mods would have banned him for manipulating the server. which is a rule that you have to report a bug. the player knew it was a bug, the mods won't get rid of him cuz the money in his pockets...
its the golden rule folks

THE PEOPLE DEMAND ANSWERS. SOMEONE HAS TO HANG FOR THIS, IF THE MODS DECIDE IN THE GOLDEN RULE FAVOR THEN IT SHOWS REALLY WHO THE MODS PROTECT. NOT THE PLAYERS!

I PROPOSE THE PLAYERS IN QUESTION'S FATE BE DECIDED BY THE WILL OF THE WORLD PLAYERS. PUT THIS UP FOR A VOTE AND LETS SEE WHAT THE WORLD REALLY WANTS.

LETS GO MODERATORS KICK IT INTO GEAR OR THE PLAYER COUNT OF THIS SERVER WILL DWINDLE

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

the only thing we can do is let the mods know we aren't happy, write a ticket. tell your friends to do it aswell. if they insist on keeping the player that manipulated the game then we simply create more work for them in the form of tickets.

YOU MODERATORS ARE SUPPOSED TO PROTECT THE PLAYER COMMUNITY. NOT LOOK OUT FOR CORPORATE POCKETS. YOUS ARE PROTECTING A PLAYER THAT CHEATED. YOUS SAY HE DID NOTHING WRONG, BUT IN YOUR RULES IT STATES THAT KNOWING A BUG EXISTS, AND MANIPULATING IT FOR YOUR ADVANTAGE IS AGAINST THE RULES. OH YA... the rules, i forgot about the most important rule.. the golden rule
http://forum.tribalwars.us/showthread.php?p=71780#post71780

okay, using capital letters and getting spittle all over your computer screen won't help. Second, its been established that in game it said it was a 0.8 to 1 ratio, and so the player potentially didn't know it was a bug; if you've read what us staff have posted, other servers have it intentionally set so you gain resources.

So they can't ban the player for a mistake made by US staff.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to defend the guy who did it because it upsets me, but if he is banned, that would be like a driver getting arrested because the city put up the wrong speed limit sign. It simply doesn't make sense.

DeletedUser329

points don't represent troop counts correct.. but they do represent a possible amount of troops. im sure the players in question had their q filled up from the start...

i made a thread and was told to discuss it here, so i copied it for this post.. cuz they'll delete the one i have above with the link..

so i used to play tw on a few other servers, but i heard that if you are rich, this server is the place to be! i was told that within 5 days of the start of the world you can already be big enough to take another village! who would have thought?
i have about 150$ i would like to blow through in premium points just to trade with myself in the market. thank god they let us do that!
oh wait, i forgot, the mods made a mistake, and now only 1 person can benefit from this. i suppose ALL the players around him got screwed. who does the game protect? oh ya, the guy that spent the most money. im dam sure the others spent money aswell, and the guy that got nobled had a 400 point village. something that large this early definitely involves work. but i suppose innogames will protect the player that has the money.. you know the rules right? whoever has gold makes the rules.
if the player hadn't spent that much to do what he did, the mods would have banned him for manipulating the server. which is a rule that you have to report a bug. the player knew it was a bug, the mods won't get rid of him cuz the money in his pockets...
its the golden rule folks

THE PEOPLE DEMAND ANSWERS. SOMEONE HAS TO HANG FOR THIS, IF THE MODS DECIDE IN THE GOLDEN RULE FAVOR THEN IT SHOWS REALLY WHO THE MODS PROTECT. NOT THE PLAYERS!

I PROPOSE THE PLAYERS IN QUESTION'S FATE BE DECIDED BY THE WILL OF THE WORLD PLAYERS. PUT THIS UP FOR A VOTE AND LETS SEE WHAT THE WORLD REALLY WANTS.

LETS GO MODERATORS KICK IT INTO GEAR OR THE PLAYER COUNT OF THIS SERVER WILL DWINDLE

No-one has deleted anything you have to to say. I am reading intently, however I have answered to the best of my ability.

To reset the server would be an enormous upevil and that is not something I could make the decision on anyway.

Shouting and behaving in an unruly manner is not going to get your opinion heard any more than if you reasonably put forth your concerns.

Everything here is read, and considered. The fact the settings were changed at all was due to listening to the concerns of the community. The settings could have remained if the only concern was profit. But it isn't and therefore the settings were made fairer for the future of the world. There is no doubt some players got an advantage that is WHY the settings were changed - To improve the rest of the world. 5 days is not an enormous benefit in the grand scheme of things.

I appreciate your concerns however I am not in a position to even make the decision to reset, even if it was an option.

I have apologized for what was basically me using a setting that has already been identified as being unbalanced. This has been rectified and although the impact will remain for a short while in the long term I don't consider it to be something worth the upevil a reset would cause.

Anyone who feels their account has been effected first hand by the players using excessive merchant ratio exchange is welcome to send in a ticket.

DeletedUser329

[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding? If having nobles 2 days out of BP isn't an enormous benefit then I don't know what is.

Anyone who feels their account has been effected first hand by the players using excessive merchant ratio exchange is welcome to send in a ticket.

It is a benefit but without the capabilities still in place, the benefit is no more. The effects will be short term and those effected first hand can send in a ticket. Not many players first to noble go on to have long term benefits as it is. I have seen it happen but it's not so common. Especially if a player is not necessarily skilled.

DeletedUser

Amateurhour said:
Are you kidding? If having nobles 2 days out of BP isn't an enormous benefit then I don't know what is.

I completely agree.

Aliyah said:
It is a benefit but without the capabilities still in place, the benefit is no more.

Really? The "benefit is no more"? So the one player that's nearly twice the size of the #2 ranked player, and already has a second village, is not benefiting anymore? Are you saying that the player who already has two villages gets no benefit or advantage from having two villages? If you truly believe the "benefit is no more," can you please give everyone on this world a second 500-pt village? :p

Aliyah said:
The effects will be short term and those effected first hand can send in a ticket.

I'm curious to know what's going to be done for those who send in a support ticket and have been affected by this first hand. While I can't say I am directly impacted by this (yet), I would still like to know what's happening to, say, the guy who lost his village. I want to know because how TW staff handles it will impact whether or not I continue to play on US server. As I've stated, I completely disagree with how it's being handled so far (although I am grateful the problem has been corrected for the future), so I want to make sure something is done for the guy who lost his village, any others who get attacked by this giant player, any other tribes that disband because of him, any other players who join IDC because of their massive change in points, etc. etc. My point is, there are more than "one or two players" impacted by this. It potentially could impact the outcome of the world, and 5-6 days in, that's not right to have the end determined (or basically determined). Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if the top few players weren't nearly all in IDC, and I'm not suggesting preventing them from working together, but the fact that they are all together just makes it that much harder for anyone else to stand a chance.

But, I hope something is done for those directly impacted by this problem, because I certainly hope that when IDC starts attacking me and my tribe, I'll be submitting my support ticket at that time, and blame it on this incident. In my mind, that could be directly related (even if it's 6 months from now).

Thanks,
JVD

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if the top few players weren't nearly all in IDC, and I'm not suggesting preventing them from working together, but the fact that they are all together just makes it that much harder for anyone else to stand a chance.

But, I hope something is done for those directly impacted by this problem, because I certainly hope that when IDC starts attacking me and my tribe, I'll be submitting my support ticket at that time, and blame it on this incident. In my mind, that could be directly related (even if it's 6 months from now).

We recruit 2 people and all of a sudden the world imbalance is our fault. Good logic.

005.png

DeletedUser

Same thing is done in LT servers , for quite a while now , it does ruin fun. And even more people are complaining about it , you guys should be happy that your ( US ) mods are doing something at least , and made sure some of this stuff was removed.
Coz LT mods doesnt give a s**t about they're players , they dont even try to explain anything normaly. So at least say thanks to your mods , for trying to help.

DeletedUser

Que? said:
We recruit 2 people and all of a sudden the world imbalance is our fault. Good logic.

Definitely did not say that. I said that the way they used/abused (whichever you think is valid, whatever) the system is what caused an imbalance which will not "self-correct" and will remain for the rest of the world. Did not blame a single individual in your tribe who recruited them, did not blame you for recruiting them, and did not blame you for the imbalance of the world. Please stop putting words in my mouth.

DeletedUser

Definitely did not say that. I said that the way they used/abused (whichever you think is valid, whatever) the system is what caused an imbalance which will not "self-correct" and will remain for the rest of the world. Did not blame a single individual in your tribe who recruited them, did not blame you for recruiting them, and did not blame you for the imbalance of the world. Please stop putting words in my mouth.

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if the top few players weren't nearly all in IDC, and I'm not suggesting preventing them from working together, but the fact that they are all together just makes it that much harder for anyone else to stand a chance.

Important stuff is in bold.

You say that you didn't say that you blamed us for the imbalance. Yet, you go right on and complain about the fact that we control the Top 20 without a problem. You quite literally imply that we are the scapegoat for an imbalanced world, but even without the top 2 players we are still leaps and bounds ahead of the rank 2 tribe.

You are also saying that when our tribe attacks you that you will submit a ticket. You are going to attempt to do what by submitting a ticket? Nothing was done wrong, and again you're attempting to link imbalances to our tribe.

Put simply, stop hating on us for recruiting 2 top players and having good startup players.

DeletedUser

Well, as someone who's played this game for a while, I disagree, and I would recognize that infinite, constantly replenishing resources IS a glitch. And, like I said, it did say the trades would be 1:1 ratio, so anyone observant, honest, and intelligent would have recognized it as a bug, for those two reasons. But, in case you're still not convinced... that's fine. If you don't want them banned, fine, I think they should face SOME sort of punishment, but I would be content with forgiving them IF we could restart the world on a level playing field.

What? really? Dude your not that good anyhow, So what difference would it make for the world to restart? the end will still be the same..... And what would they be punished for? There not doing anything wrong. If you were intelligent then you would know that....

DeletedUser

Well honestly I think exploiting a glitch/bug without sending in a ticket to tell the mods is against the rules.

DeletedUser

Well honestly I think exploiting a glitch/bug without sending in a ticket to tell the mods is against the rules.

Explain how he abused a glitch/bug. I used that feature, it gave the same return that it said it did, a .8:1 spend to return ratio.

He did nothing wrong, he used the feature the way he thought it was meant to be used without knowing that it was messed up.

So no, Nick. He didn't break any rules, nobody did. If He broke the rules, so did I, so did A LOT of other people as well. So please, drop the fact that you think he broke the rules for not reporting the bug, because I didn't either and I still used the feature the way it said it was meant to be used in the trade screen.

DeletedUser

Im not asking for a ban or anything im just saying now that half the problem is fixed we should fix the other half of the problem.

DeletedUser

If you're gonna blame everything on IDC and bash on them, get your stuff straight. Most of the reason IDC has all the top players is because Matt got really good players to join the world and join his tribe. We didn't start magically getting tons of people because of the top 2 guys... in fact, I'm pretty sure those who joined after was totally irrelevant to the top 2 players, as like I said most people in the tribe have a tie to Smashnasty.

The two accounts don't guarantee victory for IDC; many lpayers would be quick to point out that the tribe that is rank 1 at start up usually doesn't last more than a few months. Now, as a member of IDC I hope this is not true, but we'll have to work for success like any other tribe.

Don't drag IDC into things just for being the tribe the top 2 are in.

DeletedUser

Thank you Mashman, that and we will win the world.... Not because of those two players.... but because we are the best tribe. Now, they did not breach any rules they did as stated before the world started.... where it stated that there was a new pp function

DeletedUser

Im not asking for a ban or anything im just saying now that half the problem is fixed we should fix the other half of the problem.

Alrighty then.

This is my personal opinion. Keep in mind I have 0 influence over any decisions or what happens, but I will simply express my opinion:

To punish the players, would be unfair to them just as much as it would be unfair to punish anyone else who used the feature and did not report it. In other servers, such as .lt, the feature is set to trade at 1:0.9, rather than 1:1, and this is not a mistake. Therefore, these players could not and should not have known that the set ratio was a mistake, and punishing them would be unfair to them.

Unless you're suggesting every player who used it and did not report it did something against the rules and should be banned, how can we say they should be banned?

DeletedUser

I just said and have said before that I don't think they should be banned. The mistake did have a major influence on the world though so I think an ingame poll should be sent to see what the majority of players want.