We want animation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I know that there are different limitations on moderators forum accounts but you really shouldn't abuse your advantage by using them. Totally unfair on the regular users. And I am pretty sure the majority of users would agree with that.

im pretty sure however that many users would only agree with that because they would like animated avatars themselves.

DeletedUser

im pretty sure however that many users would only agree with that because they would like animated avatars themselves.

Yes thats my point, I want one but I not got the permissions on my account to do it.

DeletedUser

I know that there are different limitations on moderators forum accounts but you really shouldn't abuse your advantage by using them. Totally unfair on the regular users. And I am pretty sure the majority of users would agree with that.

There are numerous things wrong with what you're saying.

1) There is no "abuse of advantage". I highly doubt that anyone here will feel disproportionately disadvantaged in a way that will hurt them because they don't have an animated avatar.
2) It is not unfair. Is it any less fair that our names are red, or that we are signified as moderators? I don't think so, do you? It is our job, and as we are volunteers, even volunteers in the real world gain some small perks with employers. If we have an animated avatar, is that so unfair? Those who work get paid, in the real world, and sometimes get discounts at their own places of employ. Does that mean that we should all get discounts? We don't get paid, so our tiny discount is a small perk that means little.
3) The majority of users won't agree? Perhaps you're right. Will any complain and quit the game because of animated avatars being for mods? I doubt it.

As the TW Staff, we've always been dedicated to making the game fun. Can you tell me a single way in which your forum experience is enhanced by having extreme amounts of lag from everyone using animated avatars? Is there a single way in which you'll feel disadvantaged seriously or quit because you don't have an animated avatar, while those who put hours into moderating and ensuring that the forums are friendly for users like you do?

Now, I get that you might be slightly annoyed that you can't use animated avatars, as the moderators can. And I get that you feel you're entitled to full equality. But if you have no reason for this equality to have to exist, and if it really doesn't affect the gameplay experience all that much, you are simply picking at straws to say that you are being treated unfairly. Enjoy the forums, and see it as a sign of thanks to the moderators who are allowed to have some small pleasure from choosing their avatars, because surely we who put so much work into making the forums clean and fun for you deserve some kind of perk, wouldn't you say?

DeletedUser

1) There is no "abuse of advantage". I highly doubt that anyone here will feel disproportionately disadvantaged in a way that will hurt them because they don't have an animated avatar.
2) It is not unfair. Is it any less fair that our names are red, or that we are signified as moderators? I don't think so, do you? It is our job, and as we are volunteers, even volunteers in the real world gain some small perks with employers. If we have an animated avatar, is that so unfair? Those who work get paid, in the real world, and sometimes get discounts at their own places of employ. Does that mean that we should all get discounts? We don't get paid, so our tiny discount is a small perk that means little.
3) The majority of users won't agree? Perhaps you're right. Will any complain and quit the game because of animated avatars being for mods? I doubt it.

As the TW Staff, we've always been dedicated to making the game fun. Can you tell me a single way in which your forum experience is enhanced by having extreme amounts of lag from everyone using animated avatars? Is there a single way in which you'll feel disadvantaged seriously or quit because you don't have an animated avatar, while those who put hours into moderating and ensuring that the forums are friendly for users like you do?

Now, I get that you might be slightly annoyed that you can't use animated avatars, as the moderators can. And I get that you feel you're entitled to full equality. But if you have no reason for this equality to have to exist, and if it really doesn't affect the gameplay experience all that much, you are simply picking at straws to say that you are being treated unfairly. Enjoy the forums, and see it as a sign of thanks to the moderators who are allowed to have some small pleasure from choosing their avatars, because surely we who put so much work into making the forums clean and fun for you deserve some kind of perk, wouldn't you say?

The term pwned comes to mind :p

DeletedUser

Same. :) He killed your argument, wonder why Fordy isn't posting anymore.

DeletedUser

I admit I worded it badly.

Your names are red so its easier to pick out a moderator, thats your status. Yes your a volunteer but you get paid in premium points, thats your perk. So yes it is unfair.

Hardly a helpful answer instead of trying to resolve the issue, your coming across with the attitude of 'we can do it and what you going to do about it. Quit? yeah right'

Totally a ridiculous answer, if mods have animated avvy's then the page is going to lag anyway. And yeah its great fun knowing that mods are going to strut around with animated avvy's which us users would have a great deal of fun with if we could have them. I'm not saying you don't do a good job moderating that is not the issue I have.

About perks refer to my earlier answer, I'm not discussing your moderation we appreciate the work you guys put in.

Answers in bold

I don't wish to get in a argument about it as you can surely see my point.

DeletedUser

funneh, i saw him viewing this very thread a moment ago xD

I was replying but kept getting distracted. I'm not here to argue or get 'pwned' on the forum. Just to put my point across.

DeletedUser

I was replying but kept getting distracted. I'm not here to argue or get 'pwned' on the forum. Just to put my point across.

no worries you're point has been made and or-el countered it. no shame in that :)

DeletedUser

Fordy said:
I admit I worded it badly.

Your names are red so its easier to pick out a moderator, thats your status. Yes your a volunteer but you get paid in premium points, thats your perk. So yes it is unfair.

Hardly a helpful answer instead of trying to resolve the issue, your coming across with the attitude of 'we can do it and what you going to do about it. Quit? yeah right'

Totally a ridiculous answer, if mods have animated avvy's then the page is going to lag anyway. And yeah its great fun knowing that mods are going to strut around with animated avvy's which us users would have a great deal of fun with if we could have them. I'm not saying you don't do a good job moderating that is not the issue I have.

About perks refer to my earlier answer, I'm not discussing your moderation we appreciate the work you guys put in.

I don't wish to get in a argument about it as you can surely see my point.

Well, let me put it this way. You completely disregarded some of my points:

u6s5l. said:
Those who work get paid, in the real world, and sometimes get discounts at their own places of employ. Does that mean that we should all get discounts?

Let's assume then, that we are people getting paid in premium. The animated avatars are discounts at our place of employ. Once more, is this so unheard of? What possible detriment could it have on you that you don't have an "animated" avatar? If it doesn't affect you, as I'm sure it doesn't, why are you taking it upon yourself to argue?

In addition, as volunteers, we get premium perks, let's continue to assume. But once more, is an animated avatar something so terribly important that this perk is unfair enough that you must also have it, as users of the forum?

You completely misunderstood my answer, thinking that I am exerting some kind of power of "Well, what are you going to do about it?". Rather, I'm pointing out that I have not yet seen a single reason why your forum experience is significantly decreased because you can't have "animated avatars", and moderators can. All I've seen is that it's "unfair", and I'm fairly sure that you've all heard the expression "life is unfair". Even if that weren't enough, to simply say that the hours we put into the forums justify only premium that some of us might not even use as some of us might not even be playing any worlds is somewhat preposterous, considering that you're assuming we aren't allowed anything besides a single perk.

Also, you're saying that the page will lag anyways...do you understand what you're implying? You're arguing that this is a big deal, that people are all going to agree that it is unfair and should be changed. In that case, if we allow it for everyone, each page will have 25 animated avatars. For people on their phones, and some with slower computers etc., the page will lag. We have, what, 7 people with more than regular user status? Unless you're assuming every page will have every post filled by a moderator, the lag will be nowhere near equal to how it would be if we allowed it for everyone, and that's a simply preposterous assumption.

I assure you, animated avatars are not nearly as "fun" as you seem to think. Again, you seem to be under the impression that we will strut around, like glorified peacocks, bragging about our "power" and our "animated avatars". Am I the only one who finds that laughable? I've spent the better part of a half hour trying to find an animated avatar that fits the requirements, and I assure you, it doesn't make all that much difference to me as a moderator. I'm fairly sure that it's not a big deal, and that you're simply discussing your feeling that you're not getting equal treatment...which is what generally happens when one person puts mountains of time into helping others. Be it karma, work perks, or a simple good feeling, if you put in mountains of time and get some premium that you may not even use and "animated avatars", is it that much to ask that you not complain that you want them too, when the detriments of that are already apparent?

I see your point, I simply don't agree. The moment you responded, you engaged in debate with me. I am not arguing, I bear no ill will towards you and I hope you don't harbor any towards me, but I simply don't agree. The world is not a fair place. Those who put their time and effort into something deserve a reward that doesn't depend on whether or not you play in-game, and animated avatars really aren't all that much. Once more, is it really worth it to be debating this right now?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Although I dislike the fact that I can't have an awesome animated avatar, Or-el is spot on. The mods do a lot to keep the forums a fun place to be. It is unfair to say that they can't have minor perks for giving up their free time of playing the game to maintain the forum/ingame decorum.

DeletedUser

Although I dislike the fact that I can't have an awesome animated avatar, Or-el is spot on. The mods do a lot to keep the forums a fun place to be. It is unfair to say that they can't have minor perks for giving up their free time of playing the game to maintain the forum/ingame decorum.

But is it right for a moderator to break the rules?

Avatars may not exceed 80x80 Pixels. Animated images and links with referrer-IDs are not allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.