We want animation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

But is it right for a moderator to break the rules?

Avatars may not exceed 80x80 Pixels. Animated images and links with referrer-IDs are not allowed.

Moderators have different rules than we do.
You cannot possibly believe this to not be the case, given that the admin on .net manually deleted the account you wanted to use so that you could use it yourself, even though had you taken it without his help it would have been breaking the rules. You have no foot to stand on here :p

DeletedUser

Have rules never been amended or unenforced in special situations? Grasping at straws does not make your argument any stronger. Thank you, however, for pointing that out. We will amend that shortly.

DeletedUser

Guys, I recognize that you may agree with me, but keep in mind that flaming is still against the rules. I don't think anyone here has really been flaming/trolling, but I just wanted to post a reminder so it doesn't escalate. And besides, flaming only makes you (and by extension, me) less credible :D.

DeletedUser

According to what Or-el said, can we technically buy the right to make an animated picture? :D But I see both sides of the argument here. :)

DeletedUser

How much are you willing to pay :p? But yeah, I get that's a joke and all, but I want to be clear that contextually speaking my post is discussing the perks that Innogames gives us as a result of working for them as volunteers :D. If Innogames chooses to let you get animated avatars if you pay them, feel free to ask them for it, but I don't think it'll go across well :p.

DeletedUser

How much are you willing to pay :p? But yeah, I get that's a joke and all, but I want to be clear that contextually speaking my post is discussing the perks that Innogames gives us as a result of working for them as volunteers :D. If Innogames chooses to let you get animated avatars if you pay them, feel free to ask them for it, but I don't think it'll go across well :p.

Agreed. :D I'll just say that idc about avvy's or siggy's at all since who cares. >_< It's a picture, that isn't 1000 words.

DeletedUser

yeah i don't care much for fancy pics or siggys, the basics is good enough for me
i like arguments tho <3

DeletedUser

Or-el you're constantly resorting back to the fact that you're a volunteer. By being a volunteer you can get perks but you shouldn't expect anything, you're should look at yourself as the same as any other member.

I've looked through the rules and I don't see anything about Animation but in my 3-4 years of being on multiple different forums have I seen any rule that Moderators have anything over a normal member other than the fact that they can punish normal members when it is necessary.

You give your time because you're a volunteer, and you expect extra bonus' over normal members? You guys get paid plenty in PP for the time you put in.

–noun 1. a person who voluntarily offers himself or herself for a service or undertaking.

2. a person who performs a service willingly and without pay.

3. Military . a person who enters the service voluntarily rather than through conscription or draft, esp. for special or temporary service rather than as a member of the regular or permanent army.

4. Law . a. a person whose actions are not founded on any legal obligation so to act.

b. a person who intrudes into a matter that does not concern him or her, as a person who pays the debt of another where he or she is neither legally nor morally bound to do so and has no interest to protection making the payment.

Read the bold.

You are in no way to expect or collect on your services because it's not it a job, its you volunteering your time.

I know I've missed points you made, if you want me to elaborate on something or talk about another point just let me know :)

Caleb

DeletedUser

Or-el you're constantly resorting back to the fact that you're a volunteer. By being a volunteer you can get perks but you shouldn't expect anything, you're should look at yourself as the same as any other member.

I don't see myself as any different, but you're saying "you can get perks but you shouldn't expect anything. You're right, I don't expect anything. In fact, I had no idea that we would be getting these avatars. I didn't ask for them, nor did I expect them, but they came our way. So, I got perks but didn't expect them...does that mean I am still complying with your statement? I'd say so...

I've looked through the rules and I don't see anything about Animation but in my 3-4 years of being on multiple different forums have I seen any rule that Moderators have anything over a normal member other than the fact that they can punish normal members when it is necessary.

You give your time because you're a volunteer, and you expect extra bonus' over normal members? You guys get paid plenty in PP for the time you put in.

Read above. However, your "forums" experience does not qualify you to judge what is right or wrong on other forums. I can be in 20 countries and say "Wow, I've never seen a country that did ________". Does that mean it shouldn't? Not necessarily...Just because something hasn't been done, doesn't mean it shouldn't be.

Read the bold.

You are in no way to expect or collect on your services because it's not it a job, its you volunteering your time.

The bold is what you choose to highlight. And yet, the first definition says clearly:

–noun 1. a person who voluntarily offers himself or herself for a service or undertaking.

Does this suddenly not qualify? What makes it so much different, that it doesn't serve your argument and therefore should be left out?

And read above for further point on "expecting" something.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Caleb

Caleb, can I ask you a couple of questions?

1. Do you feel that the moderators should have no perks, however tiny (like the animated avatars), for spending time to benefit the community?
2. Why do you say that the moderators are paid plenty of PP for the time they put in to managing the forums? You are in the very chat where a Moderator explained in the last couple of hours how they don't. I'm curious as to why you are making assumptions here?

At the end of the day, the Mods do a job which benefits all of us. If you think they deserve nothing, however small, for spending their time trying to help this community, then I am strongly disagreeing with you there. They haven't asked for anything in return for their services, and this treat, as it is no more than a treat as it doesn't benefit any of them in any way beyond a little bit of fun, seems fairly reasonable to me.

DeletedUser

Ohai Googly :D

1-From what I had thought Mods got paid PP. I'm obviously still brainwashed from .net where all the Mods get PP. I do believe they deserve perks(don't bash me for whats coming mah Mod friend) but the Animated Avvy makes it look like Mods have a step up on normal members, like they are better than them.

2-I wasn't around when he explained that. I thought they got PP cause all the Mods on .net did :p

DeletedUser

I quoted for you what InK said about premium not being given...And I think if you post this and ask me not to respond, that's somewhat unfair, but I'll let you slide this time ;).

DeletedUser

So I don't see this thread going anywhere. Points have been made.

Mods get animated siggys because we deal with players all day long.

When you have to deal with being threatened for enforcing the rules, then you all can get animated avvies, until then, I am sure you'll be able to sleep the same at night. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.