World 9 Discussion

DeletedUser

churches and this no nobling barb rule do not work together. Previous church worlds ive played you must be able to noble barbs in vital areas to make the churches work well.

DeletedUser1446

Well... the only way to fix this in my opinion without messing up the settings is to make the villages very well together... Not all will quit and restart i think...

DeletedUser

first question that crossed my mind after seeing "no barb nobling" setting was:
What happens if your target just goes barb before you noble him?

Sorry if it's been asked before.

DeletedUser

Maybe they could implement a work around.
Such as:
When player a player restarts, his village is still in ability to noble for a day?

Just a idea. I have no clue if it'd work.

DeletedUser

If you have nobles enroute, and you get the loyalty below zero in that run, you will keep the village. You cannot send nobles after the village has turned barb.

DeletedUser

I kind of figured it. I guess players will be trying to take everything in sight even inactive 26 pts player owned villages. Otherwise active players seing a noble or two going their way will restart if they feel they can’t defend.

DeletedUser

If you have nobles enroute, and you get the loyalty below zero in that run, you will keep the village. You cannot send nobles after the village has turned barb.
kind of sucks. what if youre trying to noble with 2 or 3 nobles? It is a packet world after all. oh well I guess we can't have best of both worlds :p

DeletedUser

You are correct. I thought that we had all the needed info in that table we’ve got.

DeletedUser

Victory requirementsAfter 365 days, one tribe must hold at least 75% of the villages.

So once a tribe holds 75% the world will close in one year?

DeletedUser

The world has a dominance based winning condition. Once a tribe reaches 75% dominance, the world will automatically close to registrations and the endgame phase will begin. At this point, restarts will be disabled. This will last for 20 days, after which automatic peace will come into effect and the world will end shortly after. Only one tribe can win the world. An allied win is not possible.

DeletedUser

I saw that before as well. But what that 365 days mean then?

DeletedUser

It is anticipated that it would take 365 days or more for a 25 player tribe to reach 75% dominance, if a tribe came to that figure before that we may decide to change to close it earlier.

DeletedUser

Victory requirementsAfter 180 days, one tribe must hold at least 55% of the villages.

This is a setting for world 7 and it means that once a tribe holds 55% the automatic peace will come into effect after 180 days.

I am just comparing the wording in the settings.

I am sorry for drilling you but I have nothing better to do at the moment.
;)

DeletedUser

I would have to go back and review the settings for both worlds, and we always review the final settings before worlds release so that they do what we want them to.

DeletedUser3357

You are kidding me? if the loy stucks and they turn barb you are screwed

DeletedUser

...wow I think I may be coming back for this one... ughh

congrats on becoming CM, Jesse... I guess I've been gone a while!