Mass Debating Competition [Discussions]

DeletedUser

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I have to leave in 5 MINUTES!!!!! And won't be back for about 6 hours.

I'll probably be kicked by the time I get back :(

DeletedUser

Haha, I'm not going to lie, I enjoyed writing this third rebuttal, it was funny stuff!

I'm not sure the angle I took will win, so it's a bit of a risk, but I will say it makes some serious sense to me, and it's quite entertaining :p

However this ends, it was fun, I did have fun ^^

DeletedUser

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I have to leave in 5 MINUTES!!!!! And won't be back for about 6 hours.

I'll probably be kicked by the time I get back :(

I'll leave this open for another 24 hours as it benefits the competition if everybody does enter their final comments.

DeletedUser

My name's Mr e2ekiel :p

Any opinions on me and Matagot, anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

My name's Mr e2ekiel :p

Any opinions on me and Matagot, anyone?

I reckon you might go through. While this was fairly fun, I didn't enjoy this as much as I would like, because of the lack of time and currently in the middle of multiple academic works, which sucks out all of my inspiration, I found this more like a duty to finish this off.

My arguments weren't as organized, direct and straight to the "pointish" as I would like them to be. Assuming that you had a chance to put a bit more thought into this, I'd say you might go on to the final and maybe take the big prize. Yet, you would definitely need to work on organizing your arguments in a more readable way, some of them were pain in one place to read, not saying that I'm really good at it, but, you know, it's easier to find mistakes in other works than your own. Overall you are making solid arguments, but somehow you stop short of proving your actual part of the argument.

Overall not too bad. If you go through to the finals I can see you winning. Just my two cents.

DeletedUser

lol, I'd say the same for you on many parts.

I think your argument spends a well balanced amount of time refuting my points while at the same time backing up your own.

As for not actually proving my OWN argument, that seems to have been an issue for me >.>

DeletedUser

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I didn't win this one.

Judges! The suspense is killing me, eating me a little bit at a time, like I'm cockroach-covered ice cream or something....

DeletedUser

That doesn't sound to bad ^_^

YOU BETTER HAVE WON E2!!!!!!! -__-!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOu beat meeee :'[..........

I think Nuke won his!!!!!!!!!!! :D I like his!!!!!!!!! And the other guy that versed E2

DeletedUser

Congratulations all - that was a tight round!

The Finals, & the fight for 3rd place, will be done slightly differently to this. An announcement will be posted on this thread, this Saturday, which will also be the start of the final rounds!

Best of luck for the Finals,

~Googly~

DeletedUser

I'm surprised that I got through, to be honest, leave alone with the most points. Good luck e2ekiel, you deserve at least something out of this.

DeletedUser

pft...

Good round Matagot :D

I can be content knowing that I got the second most points, but of course I get stuck debating against you :p It comforts me to know that I could have theoretically beaten everyone else.....

Now you better go on to win this. I do see it happening.

I greatly enjoyed this, thanks Googly for setting this all up, and Matagot for the last round!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

e2! you lost -_-

spearnuke won!??? :O that surprised me, well i liked nukes :pPPP