Thesis of the Day

DeletedUser

Lolz, that was an example. All good tribes at the nl server are like that. And yes, it does have a lot to do with it. If a tribe is smaller, the members will know eachother much better. That way, ppl will be glad to help there tribe members. While in big tribes, with lots of members, half of the tribe is just sitting there, doing nothing, cept for gathering points. And ok, i understand that on some servers big tribes win, but that's not cuz they work together. It's logical that a tribe of 20 members can't have as many points as a tribe of 60 members, even if they work perfectly together.

But clearly mass tribes go for the points, not for the fun and the skills. Sad for them, but ok.

DeletedUser

They aren't automatically better, and I haven't said that. I just wanted te create a discussion, and it worked :p
But what I do know is that we (the Dutchies) are used to Elite tribes Because of OPUS, and because we are used to it we will defend it with words.
But I want to let you see why we think it is better, you can check all the .NL servers (26) and see that there aren't much mass-tribes in the top 20 in any world.
But now I want to know how you think mass tribes can be better with such a small world as .us 6

We can also play a game, just look how much DLC vs ~ED~ Grows (in percents) in one or 2 weeks?

@S1nful wath tribe are you playing in now? A dutch one?

DeletedUser

Lolz, that was an example. All good tribes at the nl server are like that. And yes, it does have a lot to do with it. If a tribe is smaller, the members will know eachother much better. That way, ppl will be glad to help there tribe members. While in big tribes, with lots of members, half of the tribe is just sitting there, doing nothing, cept for gathering points. And ok, i understand that on some servers big tribes win, but that's not cuz they work together. It's logical that a tribe of 20 members can't have as many points as a tribe of 60 members, even if they work perfectly together.

But clearly mass tribes go for the points, not for the fun and the skills. Sad for them, but ok.

Just going to use an example of a rather large tribe in your eyes working well together.

Skittl, W47 .net made players quit due to the sheer number of fakes. How is it possible to do that? 40 people can sand more fakes than 25 that's just simple math.

Now, you'll say any tribe can do that and you're right but when a tribe that is as tight as Skittl was does what we did it has detrimental results to anyone in the path of the tribe.

We took out multiple players within a short amount of time. Again, nothing a smaller group of people can't do but when you're talking 20-30 villages you aren't going to have enough trains and nukes to clear and noble all those villages that are obviously supported somewhat as well as dealing with people sniping the trains.

Overall, a group of 40 people that are tight compared to a group of 20 people is like trying to compare a 9mm to a Magnum. There is no comparison and the Magnum is obviously better than the 9mm.

DeletedUser

Just going to use an example of a rather large tribe in your eyes working well together.

Skittl, W47 .net made players quit due to the sheer number of fakes. How is it possible to do that? 40 people can sand more fakes than 25 that's just simple math.

Now, you'll say any tribe can do that and you're right but when a tribe that is as tight as Skittl was does what we did it has detrimental results to anyone in the path of the tribe.

We took out multiple players within a short amount of time. Again, nothing a smaller group of people can't do but when you're talking 20-30 villages you aren't going to have enough trains and nukes to clear and noble all those villages that are obviously supported somewhat as well as dealing with people sniping the trains.

Overall, a group of 40 people that are tight compared to a group of 20 people is like trying to compare a 9mm to a Magnum. There is no comparison and the Magnum is obviously better than the 9mm.

Ya think? And ooooh, it sounds like you had a very hard time doing fakes to make ppl quit. Let me guess, the tribe you were fighting against was very pro? :rolleyes:. We take out tribes with 20 ppl and it works perfectly, so i laugh at you. You just need a big back-up :p.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It's just about how accurate you are

Ya think? And ooooh, it sounds like you had a very hard time doing fakes to make ppl quit. Let me guess, the tribe you were fighting against was very pro? :rolleyes:. We take out tribes with 20 ppl and it works perfectly, so i laugh at you. You just need a big back-up :p.

Pro!!!

DeletedUser1180

So because 1 tribe on 1 world on the dutch server does well with fewer members, they're automatically better?

Come talk to me when you've played as many worlds as I have (ehem, over 30).

The # of players in a tribe has 0 to do with how well it works.

How long have you been playing dutch worlds? Because I know that most tribes on several worlds in the top 5 started out much bigger than they are now. Remember what I said about a rate of 1 or 2 people quiting each month? If the tribe becomes too small and the workload for the people left becomes too high they disappear. W25 is relatively young (I had a village not far from duck sauce) so I wonder what will your position be in a year.

Good tribes are well organized in their actions, no matter how small or big they are. And the bigger ones can be more effective because of the sheer numbers they can send. Also tasks can be spread making the workload more acceptable.

About sending fakes: fakescripts are not allowed on dutch worlds. On .net and .us its all in the game. Just wait what you say if you see your first 1000+ incomings everyday for a week or longer. Remember no nightbonus on .us.... You will be glad to have tribemates taking the AS for you - or don't you have a RL and no need to sleep? Now if your tribe is too small there will not be enough tribemembers left to help stack the villages, because the sitters can not sent support...

DeletedUser3057

The size of the tribe is irrelevant, it isnt the size of the tribe but the organization and its skillful leadership. Even a elite tribe poorly run will fail and a noobie tribe with skilled leadership can succeed.

A well run tribe with skilled players irregardless of size will always win.......

DeletedUser

How long have you been playing dutch worlds? Because I know that most tribes on several worlds in the top 5 started out much bigger than they are now. Remember what I said about a rate of 1 or 2 people quiting each month? If the tribe becomes too small and the workload for the people left becomes too high they disappear. W25 is relatively young (I had a village not far from duck sauce) so I wonder what will your position be in a year.

Good tribes are well organized in their actions, no matter how small or big they are. And the bigger ones can be more effective because of the sheer numbers they can send. Also tasks can be spread making the workload more acceptable.

About sending fakes: fakescripts are not allowed on dutch worlds. On .net and .us its all in the game. Just wait what you say if you see your first 1000+ incomings everyday for a week or longer. Remember no nightbonus on .us.... You will be glad to have tribemates taking the AS for you - or don't you have a RL and no need to sleep? Now if your tribe is too small there will not be enough tribemembers left to help stack the villages, because the sitters can not sent support...

Let them come :D. i'll show them that we from the .nl server don't quit cuz of fakes :p. And besides: the less members, the more you can fight, and the more fun it gets. Otherwise is everyone blocking eachother.

The size of the tribe is irrelevant, it isnt the size of the tribe but the organization and its skillful leadership. Even a elite tribe poorly run will fail and a noobie tribe with skilled leadership can succeed.

A well run tribe with skilled players irregardless of size will always win.......

It's only logical that a small group is much closer than a large group. I prefer to support a tribemember who's my friend instead of a tribemember i barely know.

DeletedUser1180

Let them come :D. i'll show them that we from the .nl server don't quit cuz of fakes :p. And besides: the less members, the more you can fight, and the more fun it gets. Otherwise is everyone blocking eachother.

It's only logical that a small group is much closer than a large group. I prefer to support a tribemember who's my friend instead of a tribemember i barely know.

Yes a smaller group can be closer. And tribemembers that are not well known will not get much support if they need it because people rather support the ones they know will to the same for them. That is why it is up to the leadership to find out which are the selfish players and get rid of them. :D

The less members the more you can fight? You can always take initiative and make the actions happen as a tribe. :smack:

DeletedUser

Yes a smaller group can be closer. And tribemembers that are not well known will not get much support if they need it because people rather support the ones they know will to the same for them. That is why it is up to the leadership to find out which are the selfish players and get rid of them. :D

The less members the more you can fight? You can always take initiative and make the actions happen as a tribe. :smack:

To fight who? If you have 60 members, there are not much ppl left to fight. Only a bunch of noobs, which is sooooo booooring. Nah, if you have a small group of skilled players, the game gets so much more intresting. But i get it, some ppl don't want to fight, they rather invite every single skilled player in there tribe, and attack the remaining noobs. And then they boast all around they won the world. What a suprise... :rolleyes:

If you have a mass-tribe, there will always be selfish players. If i were in a masstribe, i wouldn't help my tribemembers either. I would help my friends. While in a small tribe, all the tribemembers are my friends. So i would help all of them.

DeletedUser

A 27 man tribe that won a world.

It's in the 20's, and fairly close to 27. With a few members who probably could have been dropped without changing the outcome of the world. Just sayin'

Ok, since there's no thankbutton, i copied the one from the nl forum:

post_thanks.gif
(fyi, i just clicked it :p)

post_thanks.php

DeletedUser

Both elite tribes and mass tribes can work, depending on how they are led, and of what kind of members the tribe consists.

If there's good organisation and individual quality, yes, mass tribes can be very succesful. However, I am myself known on .Net for getting far with tribes of max 15 members (most oftenly just 5 members) with the individual quality to take out tribes that are 5 to 10 times as large without too much troubles.

I've seen both great elite tribes and great mass tribes.

I for myself prefer the tribes with 5 members, who beat much larger tribes by activity, skills and logical thought.
But I can very well understand people who say the otherwise.

Is one better than another? I think not, I think it all depends on situation, members, location, and most of all: preference.

DeletedUser

Both elite tribes and mass tribes can work, depending on how they are led, and of what kind of members the tribe consists.

(partially agree... but when you have big tribes, with a lot of skilled members, there's no fun at all, cuz every skilled player is on you side)

If there's good organisation and individual quality, yes, mass tribes can be very succesful.

(only cuz there is no1 else left to beat them)
However, I am myself known on .Net for getting far with tribes of max 15 members (most oftenly just 5 members) with the individual quality to take out tribes that are 5 to 10 times as large without too much troubles.

(love that thought :D)

I've seen both great elite tribes (agree) and great mass tribes (disagree).

I for myself prefer the tribes with 5 members, who beat much larger tribes by activity, skills and logical thought.
(agree completely)

But I can very well understand people who say the otherwise.

(nope, we must prove them wrong on the battlefield :D)

Is one better than another? I think not, I think it all depends on situation, members, location, and most of all: preference.

(guess every1 gets my opinion about this one now... :p)

not bold is me :cool::cool:

DeletedUser

Nah, didn't get your opinion on the last point. What was it? :O

DeletedUser

However, I am myself known on .Net for getting far with tribes of max 15 members (most oftenly just 5 members) with the individual quality to take out tribes that are 5 to 10 times as large without too much troubles.

Not to slight your ego in any way, but I've not heard much about your self-proclaimed ability as a leader.

I've seen you pop up on the odd world I've played, but never seen much achieved by you. W57 would be the last time I saw you pop up, and I only remember you pulling a vanishing act before anything was achieved.

So, forgive me for being rather skeptical - all I know of you is being a forum spammer, and I've been around .net for years and cropped up in most of the past 30 worlds.

DeletedUser

Heh, I know what you mean, don't worry.

There's some reasons why you are rather correct.

1. I have been using this name only since W56.net
I have had plenty of other names before that.
2. The last 2 worlds I played (W57 and W59) on .net were kinda overruled by RL difficulties that made me quit too early, or that had me inactive, so I figure you'd be logical to reason the way you do only knowing this name.

As for the so-called vanishing act, I've not really entirely vanished. Been around here and there. W59 and W60, HP world. Mostly forums, not much ingame. I've been back to the .NL forums for some time, playing NL18 and NL19, and NLC1.

So yes, I understand where you're coming from, and don't blame you. Perhaps that sentence you're quoting was poorly chosen, I apologise for that. I am slightly new to .US (only played US2 when it just came out for some time, under alias.) and I'll see what I can achieve here.

Ps: I won't be leading any tribes, now and probably in the future, due to my health concerns, to prevent situations in which I have to abandon my mates like I had to on W57.

DeletedUser

s1nful, you're in a tribe of 59 players.

Seems pretty hypocritical if you ask me. If tribes with large #s of players are so awful, why would you be in one?