Thesis of the Day

DeletedUser

I think it depends on the tribe itself.

Yes but if you get a tribe of 5 players, that are equally as talented, as a tribe of 30, player by player, you are outnumbered 6 to 1. At that point it doesn't matter how fast you think you can communicate.

(i never talked about a tribe of 5 players. The perfect tribe for me has around 20 members, maybe a bit less. And so what, outnumbered? If you're not up for a challenge, don't play TW.)

Also small tribes leave no room for error. We are all human, we all make mistakes, if 1 person out of those 5 loses internet connection and has no way to set a sitter for a period of time, maybe with attacks inbound, you may lost 20% of your overall players in one go. What if there is nobody that is able to sit them? Everyone has things to do.

(ever heard of co-accounts? personally it think this is a very weak argument... now you're talking about exceptions.)

What about 15 players? Sure it makes it a bit easier, but you still run into the same problems on a long term basis.

(Even if some players quit, you can always start recruiting again. If you're a good tribe, with very high recruiting standards, accepting only a very few # of players, based on position, skills, growth,... that shouldn't be much of a problem. Ofcourse, if you accept almost every1 who wants to join...)

Players that don't communicate in a tribe I run just get dismissed. If you recruit properly you can easily get over 30 accounts that communicate properly. Also at least 20 of the accounts in the tribe, are of people I have already led or played with before.

(lolz, no offense, but i don't want to check everyday on the activity of the members. In a good tribe, members are active, without you having to push/dismiss them. That's why there are recruiting standards. If you recruit only those few players who rly take the game seriously, and are active everyday, you don't have to dismiss members. That creates stability within the tribe.)

To assume that 5 players communicates better than 40 is ignorant. It depends on the players. TW is a situational game, no matter what stats or logic you try to use its all situational.

(it isn't ignorant, it is true. If there are less members, you can react faster, becuz there is less discussion. If your tribe counts 40 members, you have 40 different opinions on how things should go. That slows things down alot. Ignorant my euhm... not gonna use that word again :D)

Not bold is me.

DeletedUser

I only said that the game mechanics on the .nl server are more evolved than the game mechanics here.

As for saying the game mechanics on the .nl server are more evolved than the game mechanics here? Dude, are you serious? The opposite would be a lot closer to the truth.

And yes, I am speaking as a Dutch player, who started a long time ago on .Net when there was not yet a .NL or a .US server...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I don't mind comparing servers. I don't mind comparing stages of servers, or whether or not mass tribes are better than non mass tribes.

But this discussion of nationality needs to stop now. If comparing servers means that you guys can't stay civil, then don't do it. Talk mechanics all you want, but stay away from nationalities.

I've been lenient, and haven't handed out punishments for that last outburst. Next time, don't expect any leniency.

Edit: Forgot a bit to clean. NOW carry on.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

*cough*
Real the last response on the previous page please. Let's stop this discussion.

DeletedUser

Guys, this is a discussion thread; not a spam and say hi thread...

DeletedUser

Like one once said: : Ten soldiers wisely led, will beat a hundred without a head.

DeletedUser

and 10 soldiers wisely led will get killed by 1000 soldiers with the ability to hold a sword. Your statement is invalid.

DeletedUser

Well, in this worlds case, it just so happens the best and the most happen to be in one tribe.

DeletedUser

Well...

Thesis of the day:

Quality overrules quantity.

This depends solely on the quality of the quantity. If you have reasonable quality in large groups you're going to out perform a smaller group of players that might be a little better than you are.

DeletedUser

Well...

Thesis of the day:

Quality overrules quantity.

Let me adjust his thesis: Quality is way more fun and challenging than qantity.

Quantity is easy, just hide in de group, if you want quality, you'll have to excell, take the challenge. That's TW.