Us11 Preworld Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

How can I find the barb growth speed? there used to be a config file on help page :(

This is the get_config page.

I suggest bookmarking it; changing it to view future worlds (or even worlds of other servers) isn't difficult if you have one to work with.

Disclaimer: All settings are subject to change (though some are more certain than others), and as jesse put it, believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see ;).

DeletedUser

thats the truth, always changing up.

anyways, orel, 0.003 means what? how many barbs per how many players in a area?

DeletedUser

0.003 is the barbarian growth rate, not how many barbs per player. It's a growth rate I don't fully understand myself, but it's the same rate as W10, so use that as an example (and note that this world's speed is 1.25, not 1).

The get_config tells us 10 barbs and 5 bonuses per 100 registrations.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
thats the truth, always changing up.

anyways, orel, 0.003 means what? how many barbs per how many players in a area?

barbarian_rise is a % chance.

.003 is a % chance to build something every minute.

It equates to 4.32 attempts to make a building per day on average.

barbarian_rise is not affected by world speed. So .003 on speed 1.25 means they grow slower than .003 on speed 1 when compared to the speed at which players should grow.

Nauz are you going to play .us11?

Doubt it.

Not unless someone I know well is looking to co-play anyway.

DeletedUser

do you still get an increased start after there are x amount of players on the world? On .net a long time ago we used to wait for 1/1/1 to start for example. I guess playerbase has decreased, and .us was always smaller, but is this going to happen here? I can't find it on the config page unless it's the "<inner>1003</inner>"

Nauzhror

Reaction score
do you still get an increased start after there are x amount of players on the world?

No, that has been removed.

It used to be hb_interval and hb_offset in the config file.

hb_offset was how many had to join before village size began to increase, hb_interval was how many had to join for each increase once the increases began.

inner determines how far from the absolute rim a player can land when joining the world.

DeletedUser

whoa i wanna coplay an ingame mod.. :p

oh thats why w69 still puts u at 26 points when u join the world.. i usually wait till u start at 116 points or something to join a world but i guess they got rid of that in the year i was gone

DeletedUser

barbarian_rise is a % chance.

.003 is a % chance to build something every minute.

It equates to 4.32 attempts to make a building per day on average.

barbarian_rise is not affected by world speed. So .003 on speed 1.25 means they grow slower than .003 on speed 1 when compared to the speed at which players should grow.

That's what I was referring to, thanks for clarifying on my behalf.

do you still get an increased start after there are x amount of players on the world? On .net a long time ago we used to wait for 1/1/1 to start for example. I guess playerbase has decreased, and .us was always smaller, but is this going to happen here? I can't find it on the config page unless it's the "<inner>1003</inner>"

As has been said, no. It doesn't happen on .net anymore either. The Inner config tag is for something different.

DeletedUser

In what way are flags that carry over from previous worlds a good idea? Why give advantages to existing players in a game that desperately needs new players? 18% resource production, 20% unit recruitment speed, 10% haul capacity. How is a newer player supposed to compete with people who have these sort of advantages.

DeletedUser3214

It is going to help the ones who have played before as they get those black flags with +30% resources or whatever they give, and it is going to hurt the "new" players who don't have any - but what about experienced players who are on old worlds? Even they are hurt by this, because flags are not grandfathered into previous worlds.

DeletedUser188

It is going to help the ones who have played before as they get those black flags with +30% resources or whatever they give, and it is going to hurt the "new" players who don't have any - but what about experienced players who are on old worlds? Even they are hurt by this, because flags are not grandfathered into previous worlds.

honestly if you're a good player, than you won't have any trouble playing without good flags, it gives other players a small advantage, but it's not much

DeletedUser3214

honestly if you're a good player, than you won't have any trouble playing without good flags, it gives other players a small advantage, but it's not much

I'm not worried about the disadvantage, I agree that its the player not the flags that make an account. However, I still think it will harm newer players who have no flags - and help out those who know what they are doing.

DeletedUser

In what way are flags that carry over from previous worlds a good idea? Why give advantages to existing players in a game that desperately needs new players? 18% resource production, 20% unit recruitment speed, 10% haul capacity. How is a newer player supposed to compete with people who have these sort of advantages.

Go figure, the game tries to save people the money of buying flags, and still gets burned for saving money :D.

But on a more serious note, consider this: how many flags do you really have? If you're already a better player, and you have an extra few flags, you were likely going to edge out the new players anyway in startup. And if you weren't, then you won't have enough flags to make that big a difference once you pass a few villages, most likely. Plus it requires you to play other worlds to get more flags, meaning Innogames makes money off your playing, so it's sound business sense for a very small advantage for 99% of players.

Oh, and did I mention that because newer players tend to get rimmed first and start new worlds more often (meaning they play more worlds), they're likely to end up with more flags than the experienced players who don't want to get all those flags on 3 or 4 worlds at once by playing seriously and who stick to 1 or 2 tops. Meaning the newer players who stick around tend to do better anyways. If they weren't going to stick around in the first place, when they'd have gotten rimmed (as they inevitably do) they would've quit anyways...so again, negligible harm at best.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Flags can definitely make a big difference.

My .net account is sitting on a handful of level 6 flags and dozens of level 5 flags, they make quite a difference, especially early on. Level 6 or higher res flag this world with the long BP is a massive advantage actually.

DeletedUser

Flags can definitely make a big difference.

My .net account is sitting on a handful of level 6 flags and dozens of level 5 flags, they make quite a difference, especially early on. Level 6 or higher res flag this world with the long BP is a massive advantage actually.

Can. Not necessarily will. Do you really think that without the flags you'd have done any worse against the others? On the other hand, players who restart a lot and keep trying will keep getting flags on multiple worlds, which will help them in the long-run.

Status
Not open for further replies.