VA!

• Thread starter DeletedUser3414
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

anybody that needs an academy tribe is by default a mass recruiter ;) I thought better of VA but I guess I was wrong. They should make 10 academies, that way they'll have 75% of the world in their 11 tribes and it'll be easier to win ;)

I prefer basher. :rolleyes:

Really, what is the point of an academy tribe if they could all easily fit in one tribe?

a·cad·e·my/əˈkadəmē/
Noun:
A place of study or training in a special field.

So now you know the meaning of ACADEMY my friend? As I have know, Obseleet? has plans. That is to teach players here in .US how to be decent. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3239

so have we now agreed that VA! is now Scottish ?

VA! isnt just a grab as many players as you can so we are all safe and own lots of the world kind of Acad,..
It is actually a way that we can slowly teach and show the correct way of troop building, attacking and Defending.
TW is quickly loosing players, I believe that it is due to those who are always top 10 on every world steamrolling over those new to the game.
VA! is a way we can pass everything we have learnt in a non rushed way. and hopefully increase the competition on this and other servers in the coming worlds.

DeletedUser

not mass recruitment, as since we started at us we've built up many contacts as for new member today joe.dirt joined we know him from us3 too. if there is a spot free another friend joins the tribe. not random selection like you guys.

btw me is paper wings us3

Lol, this "random selection", you speak of, most of VA know each other from somewhere else. I, for one, played the same world as Obseleet? did, back in W21. Although we didn't know each other well, we were both a part of the w21 externals, and you know how it is with externals communties.

So tell me this. Why have two tribes if you fit in one? Seems like unnecessary separation to me? Having tribe problems, that you can't have everyone together? They're more likely to think independently and eventually break off. :rolleyes:

This, was, like Richi said, a way to side-step the question. However, I'll answer that for you. VA! is a tribe in which we are teaching newer players, (that are willing to learn) how to play TW. Also, we aren't likely to think independently and break off, because we have a member of VA, (who also happens to be a friend of many players in VA) leading VA!.

way to side step the whole question.

+1

Yet by pointing that out, you did the same thing. :rolleyes:

I think people would be more interested in your answer, seeing as you are king of the world, than mine, a 300 point newb :D

If you insist, though:

Alliances are huge things. You don't ally with a tribe because their duke is funny, or because they have a lot of points. Allies should be people you have confidence your tribe can work with, and so should be entered into after much consideration. Thus, any more than 1, two TOPS are not true alliances.

The difference is in that alliance, each tribe is its own. Academy tribes usually blindly follow the decisions and orders of the main tribe.

Hmm, think of it like this. Allies would be like the United States and the U.K., who fought battles and wars together several times.

Academy tribe would be like England and Scotland- Scotland is part of the U.K. because England said so :p

Like I, and others, have said. VA! is us teaching newer players.

lol a simple analogy, but if that is what you must focus on to discredit me so be it. Not the greatest, but I think you are proving my point ;) the scots don't like being part of the UK and are thinking about separating. Academy tribes often do the same thing. And VA may have been started by 3 people, but it had 11 members within 48 hours.

Really, what is the point of an academy tribe if they could all easily fit in one tribe? Enlighten me. I don't assume I know everything, but I do not understand this. It's good to see you guys advertise your tribe by insulting those who just ask questions. I don't think I threw down any insults, so I don't appreciate being called a "njub" whatever that is. Are you trying to say nub, or jug, or njb, or what? :p

*Prepares for flack about that last part* just trying to keep a light mood ;)

VA may have gone from 3 to 11 members fast, but, if I'm not correct, Ole explained this already. Players he knew from previous worlds joined him.

I prefer basher. :rolleyes:

a·cad·e·my/əˈkadəmē/
Noun:
A place of study or training in a special field.

So now you know the meaning of ACADEMY my friend? As I have know, Obseleet? has plans. That is to teach players here in .US how to be decent. :)

Exactly.

VA! isnt just a grab as many players as you can so we are all safe and own lots of the world kind of Acad,..
It is actually a way that we can slowly teach and show the correct way of troop building, attacking and Defending.
TW is quickly loosing players, I believe that it is due to those who are always top 10 on every world steamrolling over those new to the game.
VA! is a way we can pass everything we have learnt in a non rushed way. and hopefully increase the competition on this and other servers in the coming worlds.

Once again, Richi speaks the truth. TW had a lot more active members when I first started, back in January 2008. I've seen many new players be nobled, never to start again on a new world, which, honestly saddens me. The reason I enjoyed the game so much when I first started, was because I made friends with the big guy in my area, and he protected me, taught me, and helped me along. And, I will always be grateful for him for doing so. I learnt the concept of Nukes and D villages back in W5, Nobletrains, and a few other basics, which helped me improve. On W24, a few months later, I played alongside Daholla, who helped me perfect my nobletrains with opera, instead of sending my 4 sec iE trains. I also learnt the concept of backtiming and sniping there. Which helped me a lot. Although I did get kicked from V-V-V, (I wasn't as active back then, I had no co-player either) - I still wanted to keep playing, because I became good enough to hold my own.

There's my 2 cents, sorry if it's a bit long. :p

-Adam

DeletedUser

look look look, I couldn't agree more. If you guys are teaching new players, that's great. BUT WHY DO THERE HAVE TO BE TWO SEPARATE TRIBES? You're saying you couldn't teach them if they were in your tribe?

DeletedUser3239

Why does theEND have Crack as acad ?

Maybe it's personal preference ??

DeletedUser

canst i joinez your acadaamyyyy clan,

DeletedUser3141

Once again, Richi speaks the truth. TW had a lot more active members when I first started, back in January 2008. I've seen many new players be nobled, never to start again on a new world, which, honestly saddens me. The reason I enjoyed the game so much when I first started, was because I made friends with the big guy in my area, and he protected me, taught me, and helped me along. And, I will always be grateful for him for doing so. I learnt the concept of Nukes and D villages back in W5, Nobletrains, and a few other basics, which helped me improve. On W24, a few months later, I played alongside Daholla, who helped me perfect my nobletrains with opera, instead of sending my 4 sec iE trains. I also learnt the concept of backtiming and sniping there. Which helped me a lot. Although I did get kicked from V-V-V, (I wasn't as active back then, I had no co-player either) - I still wanted to keep playing, because I became good enough to hold my own.

-Adam

I have to say that I completely agree with this. I had a very similar experience on a different game and it made a huge difference. It's good to see experienced players taking a wider view rather than simply seeing new players as easy pickings.

Everyone has to start somewhere and it's in the long term interest of everyone who enjoys the game that newcomers survive long enough to become properly addicted. :D

DeletedUser

I have to say that I completely agree with this. I had a very similar experience on a different game and it made a huge difference. It's good to see experienced players taking a wider view rather than simply seeing new players as easy pickings.

Everyone has to start somewhere and it's in the long term interest of everyone who enjoys the game that newcomers survive long enough to become properly addicted. :D

YES!!! for the long term of TW new players need to be treated better, i have said the same on NET for years. We need to make sure the new players like the game enough to stick around, in a couple years it wont be fun to fight the same 50 people again.

"Once again, Richi speaks the truth. TW had a lot more active members when I first started, back in January 2008. I've seen many new players be nobled, never to start again on a new world, which, honestly saddens me. The reason I enjoyed the game so much when I first started, was because I made friends with the big guy in my area, and he protected me, taught me, and helped me along. And, I will always be grateful for him for doing so. I learnt the concept of Nukes and D villages back in W5, Nobletrains, and a few other basics, which helped me improve. On W24, a few months later, I played alongside Daholla, who helped me perfect my nobletrains with opera, instead of sending my 4 sec iE trains. I also learnt the concept of backtiming and sniping there. Which helped me a lot. Although I did get kicked from V-V-V, (I wasn't as active back then, I had no co-player either) - I still wanted to keep playing, because I became good enough to hold my own. "

-Adam

i agree, I knew Daholla he ended up in my tribe winning W24 at the end. He and several others on that world helped a lot of new players. We need a lot more of this really.

DeletedUser

So has everyone now come to an agreement on what an academy tribe is and what purpose it serves

1. Tribe of inferior players to the main tribe
2. A Training tribe to the main tribe
3. An absolute pointless exercise

Academies have been used every server and world usually by a tribe full of half decent players recruiting some Njub *my new fave word* players claiming they will teach them to be great...

The only benefit of having an academy is on smaller tribe limit worlds 20 or under as you can get the less experienced players trained up and become a strong ally

On larger tribe limit worlds academies are used normally depending on world settings maybe a basher on a morale world where lower points is benefical but by declaring an academy it says you think those players are not good enough to be in your own tribe.

There is no need for an academy on a 60 member tribe limit imo it just says the tribe who is so called teaching these players either lack the skill to train them properly within there own ranks or they are Scared of getting negative stats on losses etc with this being a stats based game and these forums being used for bravado to declare peeps greatness i would say this is the reasoning for this academy on this world.

* now i'm gone before the welsh sounding half scottish half english brummie finds me on W7* ;)

DeletedUser3141

ROFL

Thought I'd check and see what's going on and find you with your big wooden spoon. :D

I'm not gonna let some crazy Scouser wind me up that easily though. :p

Trouble is though ... I don't actually disagree. Putting some effort into helping new players succeed is one thing ... but whether an academy tribe is the best way to do it is another matter.

Such a tribe would need very skilled and experienced leaders .... also ones who can teach and the two do not always go together. Also academy tribes are vulnerable to being targeted by enemies of the main tribe.

Also it's going to depend on the criteria since points aren't always a good guide to skill or experience. Attitude counts for a lot as well. Are those players seen as 'inferior' or as 'potentially good with guidance'

Since I don't mindread I don't know what the thinking is here. Maybe some kind of evaluation procedure?

DeletedUser

whats the difference of a close alliance and a family tribe? apart from sharing a name?

Really Obseleet? you need to ask what the difference is,

Alliance = Tribes working together this will include a leaders forum so Dukes/Barons can talk about joint op's support and any other inter tribe things.

Family = One Duke running both tribes (normally in the main tribe with one of his Barons in place as Duke of the other tribe ie. AZRAEL and IZRAEL unlike VA and VA!

Hope this helps.

DeletedUser

So tell me this. Why have two tribes if you fit in one? Seems like unnecessary separation to me? Having tribe problems, that you can't have everyone together? They're more likely to think independently and eventually break off. :rolleyes:

Since VA seem to be dodging your question i will answer it for you with one word:

STATS

Richi his question was not that hard mate and from my side only needed one word to answer but Mashman your example was shocking mate as proven in other posts.

DeletedUser3239

Well that's wrong.
I do not have one of my barons running VA!

~HAZE~ or now known as VA! came about by a very small rim tribe wanting to latch onto our tribe name. I said sure why not, and paid no attention to them.

Now it's a training ground. We are still restructuring the whole tribe and when finished will really up the amount of trainin and hopefully we will find a few very capable players along the way.

And

Yes stats. I still have my original core of players in VA.
VA! Has potential players that will join later but for now the business end of things are still going on in VA

DeletedUser

Richi read both posts am not wrong there an Academy not a family correct me is wrong. (the baron bit)

Also did not say how your academy tribe was formed i simply answered why there not all in VA.

DeletedUser3239

Richi read both posts am not wrong there an Academy not a family correct me is wrong. (the baron bit)

Also did not say how your academy tribe was formed i simply answered why there not all in VA.

I was pointing out we dont have a family, like you implied.
But I still wub you :truelove:

Family = One Duke running both tribes (normally in the main tribe with one of his Barons in place as Duke of the other tribe ie. AZRAEL and IZRAEL and VA and VA!
Richi read both posts am not wrong there an Academy not a family correct me is wrong. (the baron bit).

Hugs and tickles

Richi

DeletedUser

You expect me to believe you let some rim tribe latch onto your name in a hopes to stop people from attacking them? And didn't ask any questions?

And yes Longhorn, I know my example did not make sense. I'm afraid I'm pretty well known by my friends to mkae up absurd analogies or metaphors or examples. such as, I told my friend he ran like an antelope that had only 3 legs. :p

Obsoleet, you're still not answering my question. If that's how it started, okay, but are they not in your tribe NOW?

VA! is a tribe in which we are teaching newer players, (that are willing to learn) how to play TW. Also, we aren't likely to think independently and break off, because we have a member of VA, (who also happens to be a friend of many players in VA) leading VA!.

-Adam

Well that's wrong.
I do not have one of my barons running VA!

:confused:

Now_I_get_it.jpg

DeletedUser3239

Mashman what haven't I answered ?
And yes that is exactly how it started.
I even sent an cm around to my tribe informing them its all for a laugh. But yes to answer you some have moved up, and I'm looking forward to more joining us in the future

DeletedUser3419

So is VA! free to attack?, and not a real ally of you guys?:D

Status
Not open for further replies.