Why do soldiers keep going to die?

DeletedUser

Dude. Are you freaken 5 years old? Go back to your 8th grade history teacher! If we start a nuclear warfare, then the hole world gets involved and then everyone sends there nukes out to all different countries. Its not as simple as you think. Until you join the military and know what your talking about, then come on here and dog out the troops and be a mr. know it all. So until then shut your mouth until you no whats going on.
How does it work?! said:
Mutual assured destruction (M.A.D.) is a doctrine of military strategy and national security policy in which a full-scale use of nuclear weapons by two opposing sides would effectively result in the destruction of both the attacker and the defender.[1] It is based on the theory of deterrence according to which the deployment of strong weapons is essential to threaten the enemy in order to prevent the use of the very same weapons. The strategy is effectively a form of Nash equilibrium, in which both sides are attempting to avoid their worst possible outcome, in this case, nuclear annihilation.

The THREAT of what you just explained (the 'hole' world launching nukes) is enough to KEEP people from launching nukes, since throwing the first punch means you're gonna get a counter right away.

But yeah, you're sure making a difference.

DeletedUser

What ever dude. You think you know everything when you don't. Go to your stupied 8th grade history teacher, you might learn a little of something for a change.

DeletedUser

There's no draft, people who join the military do so willfully. The only people able to harm the US are terrorist groups; there's no country on the planet dumb enough to wage war on us. It would destroy the world economy, first of all, and China and Russia are the only countries with the capabilities to actually fight us (and they don't, because they need us for economic stability). Europe might have the money to do it if they worked together, but considering we own the bulk of their nuclear deffences they wouldn't last long.

Iraq didn't do anything to us. Their weapons of mass destruction were the ones we gave them, and almost 100,000 civilians have died so far in Operation Iraqi Freedom.

The Taliban was propped up by us to keep Afganistan out of the hands of the Soviets. Al-Qaeda might not even be working with them anymore.

I respect military men and women who do want to protect theur country and understand that they might due for no reason (as is often the case in wars), and know what's happening in the world. I respect anyone who thinks there's something worth dying for (I can't think of anything Id die for, they're either more mentally organized than me or in a state of hanucinogenic euphoria), really, because that's a love of life, but not because they killed some Iraqis or chose to join the military.

And the LGBT soldiers, simply because they're LGBT. :3

/rant

DeletedUser

What ever dude. You think you know everything when you don't. Go to your stupied 8th grade history teacher, you might learn a little of something for a change.

Look man, I keep telling you, we're not gonna end up in the same class.

DeletedUser

because if we dont fight them at their land, they come to fight us at our land.

Al-Qaeda only has a thousandish members from the last time I read about them. There's a reason they're called geurilla terrorists and not large field army.

DeletedUser

Thanks boxxy for helping me out a little. Ya, china is our main country we trade with and we are their main source of income. Without us, they have no money.

China has the "Man Power" but we got the technology to win against them even though they out number our army to 1/3 ratio. China aint they stupied

DeletedUser

8th grade history doesn't touch on events within the last 30 years. AP world history last year barely did. Flame better.

DeletedUser

'brotherhood of arms' my ass, that's just a nice way of glorifying it. Face it, you take the dumb and stupid and make them be meat shields for our country, and they can't even do that without siphoning money like parasites

Meat Shields? It Is Good To Hear That You Respect The Soldiers That Do Their Duty. At Least Show The Slightest Bit Of Thanks, But No, You Would Much Rather Lie On The Sofa With A Bowl Of Dorito's On Your Chest And Moan About People Actually Being Brave.

No, no they won't.

Erm.....Yes, With That, I Am Sure They Would.

No...I'm pretty sure they won't follow you. Every goddamn terrorist video is saying 'withdraw your troops'. All they want is to be left alone. And it's not like you're encouraging it by jumping at the chance to go shoot some random civilians.

Actually That Is Not True, I Will Not Post Links To Anything That I Have Seen, But They Do A Lot More Than That, It Goes Way Beyond "Withdraw Your Troops".

Al-Qaeda only has a thousandish members from the last time I read about them. There's a reason they're called geurilla terrorists and not large field army.

True, But With That In Mind, It It Sometimes Easier To Cause More Damage With Less People Rather Than More People.

---------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I Am Gonna Stop There, I Will Not Put Exactly What I Wanted To, As It Might Be Unsuitable For These Forums

DeletedUser

ya, i know, im keeping my mouth shut. little 10 year olds aint worth fighting over.

DeletedUser

I don't like that. i Love th "dont ask, dont tell", i don't want some pervert sharing a bunk with me or or in showers. im sorry but i dont like guys sitting there liking what they see on me.

DeletedUser

I don't like that. i Love th "dont ask, dont tell", i don't want some pervert sharing a bunk with me or or in showers. im sorry but i dont like guys sitting there liking what they see on me.

They're gay wether or not you know about it. Don't ask don't tell doesn't prohibit homosexual servicemen and women so long as they lie about who they are.

So every woman you've ever met was automatically attracted to you? And it's more perverts for a gay man to Like other men than for a straight man to like women?

DeletedUser

i was refering to men, not women, and i rather not no about it at all. if someone if gay, i want them to keep it to them selves

DeletedUser

And who are you to say how much someone should be allowed to express themselves?

The point was you shouldn't expect every gay man to like you if every woman you meet isn't attracted to you.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
i was refering to men, not women, and i rather not no about it at all. if someone if gay, i want them to keep it to them selves

That's like saying straight couples shouldn't kiss in public because people who are homosexual find it disturbing.