Why do soldiers keep going to die?

Nauzhror

Reaction score
My logic is largely that people should be free to do as they wish as long as it hurts no one else. And gay couples definitely don't harm anyone else. In fact gay couples benefit me, it means there's a higher female: guy ratio :p

Seriously though, if a gay guy was attracted to me it wouldn't bother me. I wouldn't reciprocate the feeling, but I wouldn't think any less of them for it.

DeletedUser

Meat Shields? It Is Good To Hear That You Respect The Soldiers That Do Their Duty. At Least Show The Slightest Bit Of Thanks, But No, You Would Much Rather Lie On The Sofa With A Bowl Of Dorito's On Your Chest And Moan About People Actually Being Brave.

Erm.....Yes, With That, I Am Sure They Would.

Actually That Is Not True, I Will Not Post Links To Anything That I Have Seen, But They Do A Lot More Than That, It Goes Way Beyond "Withdraw Your Troops".

True, But With That In Mind, It It Sometimes Easier To Cause More Damage With Less People Rather Than More People.

---------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I Am Gonna Stop There, I Will Not Put Exactly What I Wanted To, As It Might Be Unsuitable For These Forums

At last i agree with one of your posts. but still, that damn capitalization!

DeletedUser

OK. I really took offense to this. US soldiers fight for their country and get a little respect as it is. Every time i see a man/ woman in uniform i shack their hand and give them all the respect i can give as thats what i want when i join the U.S. Army. soldiers CAN'T choose when they want to go to war at, or what they do in war. Once you join the military... You are for ever Government Property for the 4-8 years you signed up for (they change enlistment for 8 years min now) and the Gov. tells you when you go to war or not... NOT yourself. If you refuse to go to war, you can go to military prison for a long time. So add this up and now tell me your thoughts!

shotgun-shack.jpg

Mother of god, why would you do that???

DeletedUser

My logic is largely that people should be free to do as they wish as long as it hurts no one else. And gay couples definitely don't harm anyone else. In fact gay couples benefit me, it means there's a higher female: guy ratio :p

Seriously though, if a gay guy was attracted to me it wouldn't bother me. I wouldn't reciprocate the feeling, but I wouldn't think any less of them for it.

There's already like a 52% female population, how many women do you need

DeletedUser

:D I Will Agree With You There, That Sounds Like A Good Percentage

DeletedUser

I don't like that. i Love th "dont ask, dont tell", i don't want some pervert sharing a bunk with me or or in showers. im sorry but i dont like guys sitting there liking what they see on me.

I'm gay. Would you care to rephrase that, please?

DeletedUser

Everyones equal, even tho it's an opinion shoudln't judge anyone like that.

DeletedUser

its the same way a woman wouldn't want to shower with a man she didn't know very well, except when people are gay, its disguised

Except there aren't many public showers where both genders see each other; a woman and man showering together unsually reflects a mutual attraction.

DeletedUser

OK. I really took offense to this. US soldiers fight for their country and get a little respect as it is. Every time i see a man/ woman in uniform i shack their hand and give them all the respect i can give as thats what i want when i join the U.S. Army. soldiers CAN'T choose when they want to go to war at, or what they do in war. Once you join the military... You are for ever Government Property for the 4-8 years you signed up for (they change enlistment for 8 years min now) and the Gov. tells you when you go to war or not... NOT yourself. If you refuse to go to war, you can go to military prison for a long time. So add this up and now tell me your thoughts!

Building a shack around their hand is not going to solve anything.

DeletedUser

If we didn't have a dang military, a lot of countries would be demolished because they would have nothing to fight for. The USA would be under control of a terrorist and not be a real free country. So do your homework before you post stuff like this.

It's a pretty big leap from not invading countries, to not having a military. Quick someone invade Vietnam, their not in a war so it will be easy! Oh wait :(

DeletedUser

Thanks boxxy for helping me out a little. Ya, china is our main country we trade with and we are their main source of income. Without us, they have no money.

China has the "Man Power" but we got the technology to win against them even though they out number our army to 1/3 ratio. China aint they stupied

China don't have to use conventional means for invasion, they could just ask for their 2 trillion dollars back and you can't refuse because then your markets would go crazy and your economy will collapse. America has a trade deficit with China in the first place.

DeletedUser

Now time for my two cents on this thread. It's not like tens of thousands of American soldiers are dying every day, the main cause of death in the US military I think is the use of IED's. The US military uses HUMVEE's which are unprotected against any form of large explosion.

Defence spending in the United States has gotten out of control, the Senate is corrupt seeing as they get large scale financial 'donations' from the defence industry and companies like Haliburton that seem to profit from this war, several examples are quite clear. The United States air-force is currently under a modernization programme it's purchasing 2,443 F-35 fighters. It's navy is constructing 1 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald_R._Ford_class_aircraft_carrier with 2 more planned soon and 10! by 2040. Why does the United States navy need 13 aircraft carriers in service, more then the entire world. I think they could cut this number down to a maximum of 8 or 9. In my opinion someone needs to do a complete spending review, to see if defence money is being effectively spent.

They should also compare the amount of support a senator has shown to the defence industry compared to the amount of 'donations' he receives from the defence industry and people linked to the defence industry.